Tiling on floating floor?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Marello, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Marello

Marello New Member

Hi,

I've just had a big flood from my washing machine which has caused such damage I have to replace the entire flooring in my kitchen and living room. Whilst I'm at it I figured I'd swap the kitchen floor from vinyl to tiled as I think it's cleaner.

My flat is only a year old. The complex is built over a train line and I remember when reviewing the planing permission that the builders were required to isolate the flats from train vibrations via some sort of floating floor solution. I'm not privy to what that was but when you jump on the living room floor you can feel a springy-ness.

I've had two quotes so far. One guy told me it was a simple job that may require a Detra mat. The other told me it wasn't possible to tile the floor as the vibrations would disrupt the tiles. My bathroom floor is tiled and seems to be fine a year on.

I'm very keen to hear your opinions on whether I should be going ahead or not?

Thanks!

2. Ghost-1

Ghost-1 Active Member

FatHands and Gatt like this.