Titan Router

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by George Jay, Aug 6, 2017.

1. George Jay

George Jay New Member

This is a bit of a long shot but maybe someone can help or point me in the right direction.
    I have a Titan Router type SF1500XP and am hoping to adapt it for use with a home made router table.
    I need to know the thread size of the 5 Screws that retain the plastic faceplate on the router to buy longer ones for fixing to the table. It doesn't appear to be a standard "M" range screw.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Most likely 1/4" UNC thread, as use on quite few routers, but some use M6 screws.

Easiest way is to take router to engineer merchant & get them to match up the thread.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. George Jay

George Jay New Member

Thanks Kiab.

The screw diameter is only 2.7 - 2.75mm. I'll have a look for a merchant but nothing near me in Dunblane or Stirling. Might have to go to Glasgow or Edinburgh

4. Philde

Philde Member

Buy some nuts, or bolts if you know length, of each size from ebay for a pound or so to check which thread, must be cheaper than fuel to go to Glasgow of Edinburgh.

5. George Jay

George Jay New Member

Thanks for all your suggestions. I did eventually take it into an engineering merchant in Glasgow who was unable to match or identify the thread in spite of measuring with screw gauges etc. He suspects it is a manufacturers own thread or one not readily available in the UK. I therefore ended up drilling and re-tapping the holes in the router to M5 and buying the longer screws I needed.

Thanks again