Titan Spares

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by George Jay, Aug 20, 2017.

1. George Jay

George Jay New Member

I am looking for spare carbon brushes for a Titan Router model SF1500XP. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

As you probably know by now, no direct spares available for any Titan tools or most 'own brand' tools

Carbon brushes are pretty much interchangeable between brands though so this is an easy one to source (as above, once size has been matched)

If you have any local tool stores that service on site or offer a repair service, try them, take in old brushes

These guys are excellent as well and very helpful. They matched up a snapped drive belt for a Titan planner for me, give them a call

http://www.solenttools.co.uk/index.php

4. George Jay

George Jay New Member

Thanks guys. Managed to source one on eBay. Matched the carbon brush ok but not the terminal.However an easy soldering job will sort that. Surprised that Screwfix sell power tools with no spares back up!

5. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

Cheap brands = no backup

Dean Worsell, longboat and KIAB like this.
  6. repair man

repair man New Member

Solent Tools are the best bet for accurately matching spares for Titan power tools. Own work shops and repair facilities. Try their site www.Solenttools.com

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I agree repair man but..... I gave this link on my post above way back in August 2017 :)

Used them several times and great service. Always happy to recommend them

Try and keep up with the forum matey ;)

8. BonzoTheDog

BonzoTheDog New Member

I'm also looking for spares for my Titan planer thicknesser. I had a bit of a catastrophe with it yesterday resulting in a mangled part that looks too far gone to be straightened out with a hammer and some pliers. I've emailed Screwfix but so far they haven't got back to me.

[​IMG]

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:eek:

How did that happen...:rolleyes:

Could try Solent Tools, or look on Ebay for one going cheap & use for spares.

https://www.solenttools.co.uk/

There are several planer thicknessers out there that just a rebranded Titan, parts are identical..

CHRIS WHISTLER and BonzoTheDog like this.
  10. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

No point in emailing / conversing with SF re spares for Titan power tools

Even if they do get back to you, there won’t be any helpful news from them

In short...... no advice / no spares for anything / no backup / no help / no suggestions / no leads / no nothing

But in fairness, as diy tools, and for the money, they ain’t bad

Good luck

CHRIS WHISTLER likes this.
  11. BonzoTheDog

BonzoTheDog New Member

My son and I have just had a go at hammering the thing back into shape. It looks okay but I'm obviously wary of putting it back in the machine and setting it going. I'd much rather get a new part.

Does anyone know which other planer thicknessers are identical to the Titan one? I think I found some good information on my Titan table saw by finding much more comprehensive stuff on the website of a differently-branded identical saw.

I'll have a look at the Solent Tools website now, thanks for the link.

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Contact Solent Tools,they will most likely know of one brand that you could use for spares.

Don't know which Titan you have, but Cotech, Machine Mart,Scheppach,Charnwood, maybe SIP, to name a few with very similar/identical models.

Clarke CPT800 & Titan TTB579PLN are probably made in same factory,so you might find Clarke spares if available they would most likely fit.

https://www.clarkeservice.co.uk/parts.shtml

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    BonzoTheDog likes this.
  13. BonzoTheDog

BonzoTheDog New Member

I've just found the Clarke CPT800 manual and there's a helpful exploded diagram of the machine in that one. It looks like the part is called a "sheet metal deflector", but there isn't much information on the Internet about what it does or who sells tham. I'll take your advice about contacting Solent Tools. They only have replacement blades and belts for sale on their site but I'll see what they can tell me.

KIAB likes this.
  14. BonzoTheDog

BonzoTheDog New Member

Just to update on this - having had no luck finding spares I rang Screwfix and they immediately offered to replace the machine or refund me. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with how well they dealt with it. Solved my problem straight away with no quibbling.

KIAB likes this.
  15. Berto120997

Berto120997 New Member

Hi there. Does anybody know where I can get a blade/safety cover for my sliding mitre saw
    TTB598MSW cheers

16. Dave Wilson

Dave Wilson New Member

This company also stock a lot of spares for the Titan range and were very helpful www.titan-pro.co.uk

17. GrahamV

GrahamV New Member

Anyone know where I can get the carurettor cover for a Titan 4 in 1 multi tool. Dropped it and broke it. Thanks

18. Tim2585

Tim2585 New Member

I used these guys for a replacement part and had a really bad experience. They agreed to a refund and I posted it back, only for them to then say that they weren't going to refund me what I paid. From reading some reviews it looks like they have done this to lots of people. I wanted to make people aware on here so they know in advance that you're taking a bit of a risk using Solent Tools. Seems to be a decent chance they will screw you!

19. RegB

RegB Active Member

What's your beef with them? You've already left them a bad Google review, so you must have seen that most people are very satisfied with their service, and now you've signed up for an account here to leave another one!

20. CHRIS WHISTLER

CHRIS WHISTLER New Member

HORRIFIED THAT SCREWFIX SELL TITAN PRODUCTS WITH NO SPARE PARTS.
    Checked the company Kingfisher from the manual and they don’t even list the Brand name.
    Manual socked in leaked oil, nowhere offers a manual and I need the spec for the chainsaw chains.
    Chainsaw is no longer stocked. This is just ridiculous.
    TTL760chn 49cc petrol chainsaw