Titan Table Saw Vacuum Adaptor

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Stuart_B, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

A few days ago I bought a Titan table saw and it came with a Vacuum Adaptor . The trouble was that it was ONLY an adaptor..there was no hose like supplied with the Titan Wet 'n Dry vacuum which I also have . The Titan vacuum came with a 57mm adaptor which fitted the outlet on the vacuum and this also fits the table saw adaptor outlet but obviously I can't use it for that as I need it for the vacuum . I tried looking around various website for a suitable adaptor/reducer but they are all pretty much 32mm and so far I haven't found one that would suit .
    I did ask Screwfix if they could supply the one that the Titan vacuum has ( either with or without the house ) but I got the expected reply saying the makers who are based overseas don't provide spares or accessories .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unfortunately, the manufacturers of this product (who are based overseas) are not able to supply us with spare parts or accessories.
    It is possible to source stepped and tapered adaptors from woodworking centers and from the internet. Unfortunately we do not currently stock these items as standalone products, though they are something we have asked to be stocked for some time now. Please see the yellow piece in the Record Power Dust Extractor Accessory Kit (Product Code. 98726) as an example of what I am talking about.
    I do apologise for the limited help that we can provide in this instance."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Meantime I found a plastic bottle which is a reasonable fit ( though inside rather than the preferred ouside( and cut the base off the bottle and the neck of the bottle fits the hose to the vacuum so that will do for now.
    Does anyone have have the table saw and how did you deal with the vacuum issue ?

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Vetus hose adapter might work.

3. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

Thanks for the reply . I presume you mean the stepped adaptor ..Unfortunately it only goes to 38mm and I need 57mm:(

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

5. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

6. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Screwfix Select

7. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

8. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

But then it still wouldn't do if it wasn't the right size

9. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You have bought a cheap, generic, chinese tool and this is the price you really pay.

billfromarran, GoodwithWood and Joe95 like this.
  11. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

OK.. I'll give you my sort code and a/c number and you can give enough to let me buy an expensive saw. otherwise dont bother replying unless you have something useful to say

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Ask for advice on a trade forum and you may get trade advice or x off to DIY Donuts.

billfromarran likes this.
  13. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

And cheap too... thanks... why cant Screwfix/Titan supply something like this in the exact size needed. for all the extra cost it would be.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

We've been through this already :p:p

15. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

chippie244 is being ignored

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Fair enough.

17. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I purchased the same table saw around a month ago and for DIY use and the money, it's excellent

Some self assembly required and a few minor adjustments to get it cutting square and bang on and off you go

Have cut mainly 18mm mdf so far with blade supplied and it cuts brilliantly - and accurate
    Will get another finer blade as next will be cutting conti board / laminate

Think like most things in life there's a lot of snobbery attached to brands with the lower end of the market, both in terms of price and label, being instantly rubbished by pros

You can't truly know if something is rubbish just by going on price, brand, supplier, even the machine spec. Always best to actually try and compare across several brands, models and then, make an informed choice

Yes I will agree that with these budget, own brands, there is no after market back up, no spares available, and in most cases a repair just isn't possible

But this table saw is £100 and has a 2 year warrenty (domestic only) its highly likely to last far longer than 2 years with domestic use

As for dust extraction, yep I've been looking for a solution as well to connect up to a Hoover - also Titan and again, it's a brilliant, wet and dry vac that deals with all the dust and rubble form DIY and more

The lack of a suitable connector supplied is a minor detail in my opinion

18. Stuart_B

Stuart_B Member

Agreed ..It's just an annoyance ..did you see my Heath Robinson effort with the plastic bottle up above ..seems to be working OK....I have ordered the Vetus adaptor but I've a funny feeling the ID/OD might be an issue ..and there is also the Axminster one ....the large opening on it is too big at 60mm so dunno what the smaller steps are in size.

19. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

20. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Yep thanks Stuart for the idea, sometimes it's amazing what will
    Do the job using everyday items that are often just binned

Will look into it and some others suggested here

Up to now used the saw in the garden as weather been fine so not such a problem but, it does kick out a lot of dust, not good with that nasty MDF stuff