Titan TTB355CHN chainsaw chain?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Porkpie2310, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Porkpie2310

Porkpie2310 New Member

Hi all

Having recently brought a Titan TTB355CHN chainsaw to cut down a tree in my parents garden I need to replace the blade as this has become blunt. Please can someone tell me which is the correct replacement blade as its not listed on the website nor is Titan listed on the Oregon website who is said to supply the blade with the saw.

Any help would be appreciated
    Paul

2. joiner1959

joiner1959 Active Member

Why not get it sharpened?

3. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    oh my god titan make a chainsaw??? good luck with that fella!

4. jeznotts

jeznotts Member

hello
    but really oregon are a big brand, american i think and im sure that they specalise in bars and chains so if you take it to a chainsaw shop im sure that they would be able to source a replacement and pehaps sharpen the other one while you wait! have fun:)

5. almmanufacturing

almmanufacturing New Member

Contact * for stockists

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

6. BigG

BigG New Member

Any idea if there is an automatic sharpener tool available ?

7. molesaw

molesaw New Member

Please does any one know the correct file size for the Titan TTB355CHN
    Screwfix replied "
    Unfortunately we have no further details about the type of file needed as this imported from over seas. If in doubt we would always advise seeking a qualified tradesman advice or alternatively, our community forum members may be able to assist you further. The forum can be found on our website by clicking the Community link at the top of the page."
    So far although very cheap, it does the job and saves a lot of petrol.
    Grateful for any replies

I hope this information is of use to you.

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

9. molesaw

molesaw New Member

Thanks for reply.
    Your probably right if your not use to sharpening a chainsaw but I would feel guilty throwing away a chain that with only a few minutes work can be used many times over.
    Depends how much logging you do.

10. Alan-C

Alan-C New Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-91PJ057X-Chainsaw-Chain-Fits-Titan-TTB355CHN-Electric-Chain-Saw-/171290246756?pt=UK_Chainsaw_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e1b1be64
    [​IMG]
    Oregon Part Number 91PJ057X
    Chainsaw Chain - FITS 16" (40CM) TITAN TTB355CHN CHAINSAW USING A 57 DRIVE LINK CHAIN.
    (Care! the Screwfix model has an incorrectly printed manual stating a 62 drive link chain.

[​IMG]
    Oregon Type 91PJ Features :
    • Low-Kickback, low-vibration chain ideal for homeowners and occasional users.
    • Chamfer “Chisel” cutters have an angular shape with twin cutting corners that offer outstanding performance along with durability and easy, forgiving maintenance comparable to round-corner chain.
    • Ramp-shaped depth gauges and the use of bumper tie straps between cutter location offer excellent protection against kickback.
    • Bumper drive link reduces kickback withour sacrificing performance. Meets ANSI B175.1 standards for low-kickback saw chain.
    • Twin cutting corners offer outstanding performance, durability and easy maintenance.
    • Tie straps help keep the oil where it's needed - on the chain.
    • Chassis design increases operators' comfort level by reducing vibration at the handles.
    • Use on bars with a groove width of 1.3mm (0.050")
    hope this helps
    Alan

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I fear the tree may have fallen down from age by now.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really