tomatoes

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jul 20, 2013.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ramseyman is quite correct Tomp. Shirley are a great tomato plant to grow (that's what I've got in me front garden) I've had about half a dozen now. Only problem I have had was a few have split skins.. My fault through not watering twice a day when it wwas sunny during the week (till the split ones will be alright sliced and friedĀ  with tomorrows fry up. ;)

2. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

great stuff, i've taken notes and will plant shirley's next year, I'm on a big learing curve here, and yes ramseyman I will sing to em, not sure it'll do any good though, the wife always does a runner when i pick the mic up at a kareoke night,

3. joinerjohn1

Give em a blast on one of yer China Doll's Tomp. ;)

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

some little blighters eating MY tomatos, I'm gonna sit in wait tonight and ambush the son of a butch,

[​IMG]

5. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

[​IMG]

Quick lads, Tom's off to the pub, nom nom nom nom nom.

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

you're actualy right on the money there mr grim, I've just come in from't pub, gone down t' greenhouse and picked 3 humpty backed snails working their way up to the fruits, I'm not normally a violent man but when pushed to the limits I can give as good as I get, so i threw the begers into next doors fish pond, the fish will eat good tonight and hopefully that will serve as a lesson to the other slimey critters, don't mess with grandadtommy when he's had a jar or two,

7. joinerjohn1

Tomp, you know that in 8 days time, one of them snails is gonna come knockin at yer door. When you answer the door, it's going to look up at you and say, " What did you do that for, I nearly drowned."

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

4uks sake john, i never thought of that, I get one of them base ball bats just in case,

9. surfermick

surfermick New Member

do you think thats a parent sibling relationship going on with them snails? or one ofthose sex offender types

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

guity as charged, just been out and caught the little beggers,
    [​IMG]

11. surfermick

surfermick New Member

eat the snails Tom, bit of garlic, lovely with a slice or two of tomatoes:)

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

YAK, I don't fancy that mick, I know the frogs like um but they can keep um,

13. surfermick

surfermick New Member

go really nice with a bit of pasta and pesto Tom, a few cumquat for dessert, perhaps some creme fresh

14. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

its pie and peas up this neck o the woods mick, I was once in a cafe in a posh part of London, I ordered pie and peas and a cup of tea, when the meal arrived i have never seen a sadder looking pie, I cut it open and there was a large piece of grissle in a runny gravy, I jabbed my fork into the grissle and held it high and asked the waiter what it was, he said" its fat sir" I answered " I'm not surpized its fat, Its eaten all meat

15. surfermick

surfermick New Member

a chuckle this end Tom