Toms top tips from than award :-)

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Copper Dragon, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon New Member

Superb Tom.

Where do you get the solder from to do the lead wiped joint I have not seen it before? Even from when I work with the TS guy. Whats it called?

Puller refers to a full ball joint is this where the joint is what I would call onion shaped?

And thankyou if ever you you want a navy, give me a call I will always be prepared to muck in.

You deserve a medal.

2. Itandje

Itandje New Member

I'm betting he got it from that place at the back of wigan pier, can't remember the name (3 letters) but they sell it there. Lots of other places do to.

3. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

Yes Tomp. I reckon you should be nominated for an Oscar.

I could just imagine it now,,,,, "And the winner of the best Short Instructional Video goes to " Cue Drum roll..............." Tom Plum,,, for his top tips from out of the back of the van"

Tomp walks to the stage, lapping up the rapturous applause from an appreciative audience.....
    Nicole Kidman hands him the golden statue,,, Tomp , turns to the mike and says (with a tear in his eye).

" Reet tha knows,,, wer do ahh start"??
    " Ahh'd jus like ter say,, thanks to Mrs Tomp, fer leetin me use't driveway, fer parkin my new van on like, Sony fer mekkin't camcorder,,, an U2ube fer not bannin em in forst place" ...... "Toodle ooo. See ya next time

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Why would Tom need a navy, not a lot of call for battleships in Wigan :)

5. barbels1

barbels1 New Member

Tom is that allowed, not strictly a wiped joint!! Or was it "like that when I got 'ere gov"?

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Nurse Loz is getting confused again 'chippie', the only time he works is when the Navy is in; *

[Edited by: admin]

7. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

thank you joinerjohn for that almost word perfect picture of my award acceptance speech,have you got a webcam planted in my house ?
    here is the actual speech i prepared, for the 2009 suppin ale award in the bath springs hotel, sadly i came second as i was piped at the post by tetleyman who supped his gallon in .32 seconds faster than me before freezing at the bus stop.but i digress, here's the speech

unacustomed as i am to public speaking
    thanks for coming
    end,

8. Itandje

Itandje New Member

chp tom, was I right?

9. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

yep bang on mantie la, stands for Central Heating Parts

10. Guest

Its called a solder bar part solder and lead 60 40 i think

11. natrosol

natrosol New Member

[Edited by: admin]

12. imran_

imran_ New Member

Loz, I've got some plumbers gold as well if you want to buy some!

13. 1tap

1tap New Member

No 24.
    2 bar air pressure?
    Put a gauge in the system?
    Take it up to 10 bar?

Oh my dear God.

What possessed you to put that on the internet?
    Could I request that you delete that one, please?. It will end in tears.

You should pressure test with water.
    Water cleans up much easier than blood.

14. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

1tap, sorry reqeest refused, your taking things out of context, there are no reported blood incidents from using footpumps to pressureize pipework,
    but i'm glad to see you have taken the time to watch and hopefull enjoyed some of my clips.
    regards

15. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

furthermore, should i remove the lead wiping joint as it could lead to someone getting burned, or the rawl tool one as someone might hit their hand,or maybe the five pence blank one, as it breaches water board regualations by disfiguring the queens head,

take um as they are intended, a tougue incheek look at diy/newbie plumbing tips.

16. Guest

hey tommo can you do a pressure test using water video.

17. Guest

done a search for diy newbie on ytube not on there

18. Itandje

Itandje New Member

hey tommo can you do a pressure test using water video.

He does one of them every saturday night, seeing if he can make it home from the pub without pizzing himself after 10 pints.....I don't think he's made it yet though. :^O ;)

19. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

:^O :^O :^O...........I nearly pizzed myself reading that Mantie la!!

Take no notice of these jobs worths Thomas, if some DaftyDIY'er or CC/CCC take an eye out, then it's more work for us..........So I can't see a down side, mind you, neither will they!!

20. 1tap

1tap New Member

1tap, sorry reqeest refused, your taking things out
    of context, there are no reported blood incidents
    from using footpumps to pressureize pipework

There are numerous incidents of injuries and fatalities caused by compressed air. Whether a foot pump or a compressor was used is irrelevant. There have also been many incidents in which people have been injured by a compressed gas (probably less than 2 bar) burst in wine bottles, fizzy soda bottles. You are not aware of these incidents, but that doesn't mean they haven't happened. There was a builder killed about 3 years ago by a foam aerosol that burst while he was shaking it; compressed gas.

All the effort you expended on the foot pump is released instantly in the event of a burst. One of the purposes of a pressure test is to make any weak joints or components burst. If you don't believe me, I'd suggest you look at the HVCA (Heating & Ventilating Contractors Association) code of practice on pressure testing; industry recognized experts who do not recommend pneumatic testing. Send me an e-mail and I'll
    scan a few pages for you. Or look at the HSE recommendations on-line.

but i'm glad to see you have taken the time to watch
    and hopefull enjoyed some of my clips.
    regards

I watched them, learned from some and enjoyed all but one. Thank you for taking the time. It is a great shame that one makes you appear to be a dangerous incompetent. I suggest you delete it.