Tool case latch

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, Aug 9, 2017.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement latch per the picture? It's a flexible plastic material and approx 53mm wide by 55mm deep.
    Many thanks
    Willy

Attached Files:

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Ebay your best bet, type in the type of case it is and see what comes up.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Buy a new box or make a new pin yourself.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I've got a couple of plastic toolboxes that I like and suite my needs but their latches have also broken (flimsy plastic things)

Replaced them with metal 'toggle latches' riveted onto toolbox

Had to make a few adjustment to the box and cut off where the previous latch locked onto but, a metal latch is always gonna last longer than some plastic construction

Toggle Latches available in various sizes and SF do sell some. If you can't replace with like for like, may be worth considering

5. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. The tool case is obsolete and one of the two catches has been missing since I bought the tool second hand. There is a single catch replacement for a Rubi case online which looks like it will do but there are no dimensions - I have a Rubi case with double catches and they're nothing like so that's no help
    It does look like I'll have to mackle something up. Thanks again.