Towel rail advice

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gareth Chapman, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Gareth Chapman

Gareth Chapman New Member

Hi

I'm decorating the bathroom in our new house and I have purchased this towel rail to replace the small radiator which was in there. I went for a larger size as I have read they do not give out as much heat, hopefully this will do the trick.

I could use a couple of points of advice.

Can I just re-bend the 10mm pipes into position to fir the towel rail? The will more or less need to be inline with the old rad brackets which you can see in this picture

[​IMG]

I also cant decide whether to have the pipes coming straight up from the floor to the base of the towel rail, or channel them in. Its a solid brick wall on a Victorian terrace, there's only a very thin layer of plaster there, maybe 15mm. Will channelling even be possible?

last question, I think the feed and flow are 22mm, the connections from them to the rad are 10mm. Will 10mm be enough for a towel rail this size, or should I look at upgrading to 15mm? The website states it has a BTU of 2279 which seems a bit optimistic to me.

Pic of the pipes connect to the feed [​IMG]

Thanks in advance :)

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Your images are not visible!

I would suggest upgrading the feed and return to 15mm. A short length of 10mm will not cause too much of a restriction but with 15mm you always have te option to turn down a valve whereas there is always a limit to how much you cacn turn up a 10mm flow.