town hall refurbishment

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by snowman1982, Apr 23, 2015.

1. snowman1982

snowman1982 New Member

Hi, I am having town hall refurbished. Three interior rooms are to be knocked down then made bigger with stud partition walls. Plastered and painted. 3 toilets going in 1 disabled and a kitchen with 2 sinks and hobs and the third room is storage. So far quotes are coming in around £21k mark is this the price I should be expecting. Were based in Ascot.?
    Cheers for your help

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

What?? You live in the town hall? I remember when I first came to the city I live in and asked someone, "What's that big building over there?" They said it was the council house. "Bloody hell," I replied,, "I've got my name down for one of those." :p:p:p:p:p

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Invite tenders!

4. snowman1982

snowman1982 New Member

Not for living in, it's for scouts and other uses. I have two quotes around about the same, I just wanted to know if this is reasonable.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It is impossible to say without a lot more detail.
    As long as the two quotees aren't in a cartel it seems like that's what it will cost.

6. moppylhd

moppylhd Member

Post the drawing on here

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

As above, it's impossible to give you an idea as to the costs, we have no idea as to the size of this building, how many metres of stud walling/plastering there is, do the prices include all fixtures and fitting. Etc etc.