trade card,

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by tom.plum, Mar 23, 2013.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

anyone else got one? I got one and the first invoice came this week, the amount was due 31/3/2013, so i paid the account on the 21/3/2013, the next day I went into s/fix ordered some stuff coming to £8.78, the card was delcined, luckily I had alternative means to pay, when I got home I phoned the customers inquiry line to be told, once you pay, the card is 'stopped' until they verify the amount, which takes 10 days,So the card's useless for 10 days, even though the due by date is still 10 days off, and I never reached half of the credit limit,
    So I told them a mickey mouse card is no good to me and cut it up,

is it me?

2. snezza31

snezza31 New Member

Hi Tom,

Do you mean on of these,  https://www.credit.trade.co.uk/

If so, I have had one for ages and never had the problem you described......!!!!!!!

I use mine in B&Poo and Screwfix all the time. Only time there was ever a problem was when the "Swipe" strip kept on failing to register so sent for a replacement card and there was a delay of 24hrs between them di-activating the original card and activating the new card.

Snezza31

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yes snezza, thats the one, must be me then, anyrode I've cut it up now, although its the same as my other credit cards, you don't get any other benefits like air miles or nectar points, not that the others give much, but it all adds up, also I don't like the fact that you 'sign' for the goods rather than chip and pin, if you drop it anyone can use it, so its staying cut up,:)

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi Tom

We are sorry to learn you had problems with your Trade UK Card.

The TUK card is designed to help tradesman with their cash flows by offering up to 60 days interest free credit via a trade account. The facility is growing rapidly with nearly 200,000 satisfied customers.

It appears there has been a misunderstanding in this matter. I have privately messaged you with the contact details of the our Credit Manager, so you can discuss and resolve this matter.

Peter.

5. dogstaruk

dogstaruk New Member

fast forward to oct 2015... and they STILL rip you off when you apply for one of these...

no discount, no nothing, just a useless credit card..

I just ranf TradeUk and they said 'if you want a tradepoint card to get the discount, ring this number... we are nothing to do with them and cannot and do not give discounts...'

A total Mickey Mouse card, a useless credit card that DOES affect your credit score.. Thanks Sscrewfix... if that's the way you want to treat your customers then fine... QVS anyone...?

Steve

6. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @dogstaruk

I have messaged you asking for more information so we can investigate.

Peter