Trade paint

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by Scotmac, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Scotmac

Scotmac Member

I went to my local dulux decorator centre the other day. I am getting dulux Matt emulsion natural callico. My question is : what is the difference between dulux trade paint that you get in say b and q compared to the stuff that they sell in the decorator centre. It's more expensive in the centre but the guy said you basically get better coverage. Is it worth the extra cash or just stick with dulux trade from b and q?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Its a totally different paint, better coverage, higher opacity, compare it yourself by buying a B&Q retail version and a Trade version. You can thin the Trade version in the area of 25%+ without loss of performance............and that also helps it go further for your money so could in real terms work out cheaper!

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Using Dulux diamond trade emulsion here,definitely worth the extra expense for trade paint.

Had the Dulux Trade Diamond Eggshell & Dulux Trade Diamond Matt from Dulux decorator centre, they tinted both to colour of my choice.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  4. Scotmac

Scotmac Member

Ok great. Thanks. I was just confused cos I thought the trade stuff in b and q would have been the same as the trade stuff in the decorator centre.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's not, & Astra being a decorator will confirm this.

Also through out the year Dulux holds trade Demo Days at their Dulux Decorator stores around the country, well worth popping along, I got some good deals on paint:), but missed getting a goody bag.:(

https://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/trade-events.jsp

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Trade paints are perhaps the only item I know as 'Trade' that are more expensive as can be confused with the term 'Trade Prices'

7. Scotmac

Scotmac Member

Haha thanks