Trade Point @ B&Q

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by Hudson's Joinery, Mar 18, 2014.

?

What would you of done

1. Kicked off as I did ?

40.0%
  2. Reported this to main office ?

30.0%
  3. Or let it be ?

30.0%
  1. I know its not screwfix but its part of same company
    Today I was in Trade Point Stairfoot Barnsley and waiting to get served when phone rang a member of staff answered the photo talking away then asked another member if he was in with his hand over the mic. He replied Who is it? he told him customers name and then this lad said tell him I am not in then lad on phone said I will see when he is in next for u sir whilst lad in question is saying under his breath friday friday.
    Phone call ended and lad in question then come out with it's mi day off friday and started laffing
    I kicked off got store manager involved they don't diserve our trade

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You seem to have anger management problems.

Sean_ork likes this.
  3. What if this was you phoning up folowing up on some stock that you needed to finish a job and told a ******** story ???

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I wouldn't have used B&Q in the first place.

5. Hudson, I voted 'Let it be'.

Because I am a coward.

Full marks to you. Seriously. (Although I hope you didn't actually 'kick off' and make a scene, but just reported it calmly as you should have...)

Far too easy to ignore these sorts of things. I know I do - I usually take the easy route (tho' not always).

These lads are lucky to be employed, and should be giving whatever job they have their all.

No doubt quite a few observers to this would have just sniggered along with these lads, and then gorn off to the pub to b**ch about immigrants taking our jobs...

6. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Well done, Trade Point is dire and best avoided if possible...

B J...

7. Well I started this argument and left my goods and walked out and said i would never use them again and 2 other customers followed me and said same good way of loosing custom

8. But, did you report these two twits?

Or did they just shrug their shoulders as you walked out?

9. they was saying same as me and got involved in conversation too lol

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Hudson, I'm with you on this one, I would have said something aswell, well as long as I wasn't with the wife, she would tell me off for getting involved :p, people like that should be greatful to have a job, fobbing off customers with blatant lies is bang out of order. :mad:

11. I often swap betwen screwfix and Trade Point to get best prices but I think it will be screwfix from now on

12. Hudson, what type of saw did you use to cut off your nose to spite your face?

C'mon, man - the two yoofs behind the desk shouldn't dictate where you decide to shop. Are you really going to turn down a special offer at 'Trade Point' to make a statement? A statement that no-one will hear?

You're the pro - so shop there, and point out any standards that you see as falling well short of pro there (no snide comments...)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  13. Biochef

Biochef Member

I don't use trade point anymore because I get so angry with them not having anything the whole idea going there is to get something last minute for a job say a Friday afternoon or weekend and they tell you they have to order it in for you and it's not big items just your run of the mill screwed eyelets and hanging chain for fitting a lightbox in kebab shop
    But plenty on shop floor for 100 times the price. then by the time you have counted to 100 ,100 times to try and convince yourself it's for a job I'll just pass on cost to customer you get to checkouts in store because someone sent ther wife with ther trade card to buy s##t They know nothing about and take up everyone's time trying to figure out what she is looking for
    And then guess what? , no checkouts it's all self service it's no secret I don't like them anyways could I find the non bar-coded chain on system not really from the large selection it has on till am I supposed to remember what gauge type of link and so on ,probably yes but I was caught off guard with a large queue forming behind me because the only other working till had a roll of wallpaper on and coustomer was away to back of store to change a roll because of noumbers not matching up the member of staff looking after self service was directing customers away from this checkout explaining about the wallpaper situation personally I would have canceled transaction and make coustomer wait in queue again . to cut a very short story long I threw the chain and eyelets in bin and left went straight to screwfix and got at least eyelets for a fraction of b@q (shop floor haven't got a clue price ) still had to go up the road to get chains from my garage and guess what I had plenty of eyelets there's too it would have been quicker in the long run just to go home and get them in the first place but hey :oops:

14. x1Matt1x

x1Matt1x New Member

All i can say fo trade point is this check these 2 photos out

Attached Files:

15. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Those plane's are not the same. The B&Q is a standard and the trade point is a low angle version