transgender and the trades

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tina lucinda lane, Nov 27, 2016.

1. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

would anybody on here have a problem (lets put the law and judgement of some ones views as right or wrong, so no hating for some ones views) with working with a transgender person either finding out that woman (or man) at your local trade counter (that you may or may not have a crush on) is not the gender you thought they where or some one on here is not the gender you think they are?

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3. tina lucinda lane

thanks for the honest answer

4. I can honestly say that the way I assess each and every person on this planet is by their individuality.

Alan Carr is camp - and makes my skin crawl. Graham Norton is camp - and I adore him.

Why? Because Carr is talentless, over-affected and just comes across (ooh-err, missus) as phony. Whereas Norton is very talented, very personable and you believe that what you see is what he is. And what you see is adorable.

Ditto transgender, transvestite, transwhatever.

Eddie Izzard was, I thought, chust a transvestite - ie a bloke who still likes women but also loves to dress in women's clothes. The case in the news at the mo' suggests he's actually transgender, so was/is a man/woman but has changed.

What difference does this make? Not a jot - I still love the guy. He is awesome.

Ditto Grayson Perry. I heard him do the Reith Lecture on modern art (I think it was) around a year ago, and the guy was bludy brilliant. He is fab.

So, black, white, grey, yellow, red, green (Martians), immigrant, gay, les, bi, eunuch, or even Mr Ha, they are individuals so each one will be a mix of brilliant, nasty, ignorant, inspirational, biased, funny, hate-filled, outrageous, insular, trustworthy or Farage.

Anyone who says or even thinks "That person is an 'X' so therefore must be 'Y'" is an ignornat f'wit.

Anyhoo, Alex - tell us about this transgender person you fancy... :)

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

You mean ..... Arthur or Martha ;)

Personally don't care and not actually that interested if someone's hiding a secret

Best if they felt that could be open and honest in their appearance, whatever gender they perceive themselves to be

I would like to think that most reasonable, decent, human beings with at least a few brain cells would feel the same way towards our fellow man/woman

6. tina lucinda lane

wow i am good close but no wrong tree

7. Ok, tell us about this transgender cove who fancies you... :D

FatHands likes this.
  8. tina lucinda lane

still the wrong tree or maybe your in the wrong forest

9. Blimey - you must live in an exciting forest :D

Got wood?

Joe95 likes this.
  10. tina lucinda lane

lol so have you worked it out yet?

11. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Should there not be an 'E' on the end as in 'Ewe'

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Should there?

13. Aaaaaah! So it's this part: "or someone on here is not the gender you think they are?"

I get it! You thought - like someone else - I was a lay-deeeee, and got excited every time I made a 'post'?

Soz, mate - I'm all man, me.

100% bona-fide, fire-making, knuckle-grinding, ***-kicking man.

I'm the beast, me...

14. tina lucinda lane

cant tell if your joking or if you got it yet

15. Im totally confused.

But regarding the question. I like some people, I dislike sone people, I am abivalent to lots of people, I hate a few people.

Everybody falls into a category because of who they are, not what they are.

So, tell us more, and why you need to ask the question maybe?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. Sadly, I don't know either... :oops:

17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh you have to ask yourself whether Screwfix employ transgender staff though (I'd have thought they would as you can't discriminate against someone because of their sexual status) Do tell us which SF branch you use. ;);)

18. tina lucinda lane

maybe time for a status update

19. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Who gives a flying fu@k? if you get offended by something like this, it would be you that has the problem.

20. Are you now alexa and worried how you are going to be viewed?

Dont be, its your comments that are judged.

And if im wrong, you will have to be more detailed, if you want me to understand the riddle.