transgender and the trades

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tina lucinda lane, Nov 27, 2016.

1. proby

proby Active Member

We'll certainly got to hand it to you, well maybe when you've washed your hands.

Deleted member 33931 and Joe95 like this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I didn't say typo :)

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Ohh, and here's me thinking you were a man of principles, logic and reason over emotion type of guy, 'what' a revelation.
    Shame on you!
    :p :D

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I worked in a place where we were all called one side for a meeting and were told that "x" whom had been off work for a few days would be coming back as "y" For several years x/y had kept their transition plans secret and it came as a complete surprise to even his/her closest friends.

Once the initial news sunk in, it was the female not the male staff that were the most indignant and resistant to accommodating "y" into the work place. The women even petitioned HR over which toilet "y" could use. After some natural unease and awkward moments it was the blokes that were more accepting of "y" even though it was quite macho environment with less than politically correct opinions

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Were simply the best! :D

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Were?

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

We're
    Yep, I was being lazy.
    Two tears in a bucket, **** it.

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

Was working on a big construction site couple of years ago in Glasgow- the new hospital in Govan. MEP company was Irish. we were installing some German kit and that company had several project managers available. However one was a trans looked a bit like Eddie Izzard. Another one had the surname "Wanka". Fortunately they sent another guy because either of those two would have had a rough ride.......y that was a macho environment too :eek:. At one point site managers were seriously considering putting in a separate portaloo block just in case the trans guy came.

9. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Well as we are all coming out I asked Peter to change my name as I want to be a women. ;)

No, seriously my moniker is now gender neutral. :D

10. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

thank you all for your support and making a gurl feel welcome

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Glad you are happy and relaxed. We are all friendly around here, even chippie! lol :p

KIAB likes this.
  12. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Was your previous username Steve James

13. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

That would be me. :)

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What was it before?

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Are you still going to post ******?

16. tina lucinda lane

you mean the whole im leaving life sucks unlikely as for my theories wait and see you know you love them

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I was talking about your theories or as I call them, fairy tales. :):)

18. tina lucinda lane

well no safe answer there but shall try and make it clear they are just a theory happy?

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You don't need to worry about me and "Fairy tales" could have been a bad choice of words but you knock yourself out.
    You don't need to justify yourself to anybody except yourself and even then you should give yourself a fair amount of slack. :)

tina lucinda lane, Joe95 and koolpc like this.
  20. The irony being that it's precisely because I'm a man of principle, logic and reason that I hate the guy's guts :)

He is a loathsome and repellent individual.

I'm not very fond of him at all...

longboat likes this.