Travis Perkins Rip Off !

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by MarkyBoy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I managed to get a tradepoint card for B&Q.

Was in Wickes yesterday and there was a sign saying 'trade discount scheme'.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I got the Travis Perkins trade account (cash), but still not much of a real difference in price. A bag of sand was nearly £2.60 at one time. But sometimes end up paying to save a trip elsewhere.

TP is now conveniently located in the same park with other business under the same group, i.e TS, city plumbing, benchmark, Tile Giant.

B@Q and Wickes is auto 10 miles away, so only tend to go there If I am buying a lot to make the trip worthwhile.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Concrete blocks,I use to get direct from local block company, usually got aggregates direct from quarry,worked out cheaper than builder's merchant delivered, & last 20 tons plus of mot 1 was free:) from old temporary car pack being replaced locally.

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Where I live on coast sand and pebbles can be really cheap, it is not uncommon to find JCB and dumper tyre tracks on the beach ;)

Quite funny when you see some academic putting our coastal erosion and diminishing sea defences down to global warming rather than the activities of a few locals.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Travis owns Wickes as well.
    I did some market research for Travis last year and their plan was to build industrial parks with all their companies in it and a petrol station and somewhere selling food and a cashpoint so you didn't have to go somewhere else.
    Everybody in the focus group complained about their pricing.