Trend worktop jig

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by ash moore, Aug 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ash moore

ash moore New Member

Hello all, I have just bought a trend kwj700. I hope I'm just being thick, but why are the pins numbered? I have 3 pins with a number one on, these fit snugly in every hole. 2 number 4 pins and 1 number 2 pins, these go in each hole but require some force, so much that I do not want to completely insert them.

Is this a fault? Or am I being dopey.

Thanks for your time

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Never used a Trend jig myself, have always used either Unika or in the past Durapal. The pins though have always been the same size and have always fitted in all the pin holes. One thing that i have noticed though is that holes you don't use all that often need more pressure to push the pins home, is that what you are seeing ? Or are they just too big to push home ? If they just feel very tight, a bit of silicon spray will help when the jig is new anyway.

3. ash moore

ash moore New Member

Thanks for your reply, I emailed Trend, apparently the is a slight size difference in the pins... the 2's and 4's supplied in error. Trend have said they will post replacement pins.