Triton TRA001 router

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by dvddvd, May 25, 2017.

1. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

Just bought the above router for my router table.

What a great bit of kit, I never used my router table before because it was an **** to adjust. I used to have a big Makita router fitted to the Triton router table, to adjust you had to crawl underneath and push up the router by hand, no fine adjustments.

The Triton router you remove the spring if fitting to a table and to adjust height it's a matter of turning a wheel, no under Spring tension anymore.

To change the bit again on hands and knees trying to push spindle lock while trying to get a spanner on the collet, a nightmare and I never used it, must have been 3 years since I last used it, in the end I dismantled the table and stored it away.

The new Triton router is a pleasure once fitted.

To change bit you insert winder into hole on table bed, wind up and it automatically locks spindle and the collet protrudes through table top and a quick turn with spanner on top of table and change then wind back down, you never have to go under table again to change bit.

If you want to make big changes in height you just wind down or up the handle roughly where you want it and then fine adjustment through winder on table top.

Highly recommend and £210 to change your life, not just same as before but newer.

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Couldn't agree more. I'm not sure if they're the exactly the same model but I have the big ½" model that I've had for several years permanently mounted in a router table for all the reasons listed above - bit changes couldn't be simpler for table use. The safety lockouts that are built in are good too. With a good range of bits it's a bit like a mini spindle moulder. My set up doesn't have the through table height adjuster access however the fine adjuster is placed so that it's very easy to use.
    I still prefer my DeWalt 625e for hand held or site use so this appears to be a good combination for me.

3. dvddvd

dvddvd Well-Known Member

I was surprised I got the table access winder with the router I thought it was an extra. I had to drill a 12mm hole through the router mounting base panel on my table, but I never really have to crawl underneath it again.

It's a change to buy something where a little bit of thought has gone into it, instead of just been like everybody else's with a different name badge on

4. Jhon

Jhon New Member

5. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Have I wondered into a meeting of sales men for the Triton Router company? My Incra table has a Trend I/2'' fitted to it and it's marvellous. Prefer the old Elu for hand held and it's replacement the deWalt, both solid respectable units.