try this again

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by tina lucinda lane, Jun 26, 2017.

1. tina lucinda lane

tina lucinda lane Screwfix Select

ok i have to wall units (or as google likes to call them a huch) one has the lights supplied via a strip power block (like an multi way power adaptor but compact 2 pin system) see photo and the other does not but needs one as both have two lights and are in seperate rooms what is the block in the photo called?

Attached Files:

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Is there nothing written on the white label.??

3. tina lucinda lane

just some random numbers with no obvious meaning

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Ok so looking at it the strip with white label is a sockets and the two wires going in the bottom are plugs, all two pin.
    Is that correct??

5. tina lucinda lane

yes thats right

6. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

7. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Can you not just simply cut off the 2 pin plugs and make new connections using a 5A JB / strip connectors in an enclosure or similiar. Loads and loads of connectors now available giving you all the options you need

It's just basically 2 lights per unit, power supplied via a 3 pin plug and flex and possibly switched or not (apologies if I'm wrong)

Can't be difficult Tina ..... and your a 'spark' ain't ya :)

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Agree with DIYDave. Just cut them off and make your own.

DIYDave. likes this.
  9. tina lucinda lane

on the other wall unit with out this system thats what i have thought of doing making my own conection system

10. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Tina, are you sure your not over complicating this 'simple' job

Surely, you've just got 2 separate display cabinet type bits of furniture. Each unit has 2 lamps, may be switched or not (?), some have switch incorporated into lamp holder, some have seperate switch, some have no switch and simply on/off at socket. All connected via length of flex and 3 pin plug

This is such a simple job to work out, a few quid on parts and what, an hour of labour

Takes more time to post on here ! :)

11. tina lucinda lane

just wanted to do it the best way i could

12. tina lucinda lane

seams i may of sort of answered my own question with this product (btw i would down rate the fuse to a 3amp or a 5amp fuse rather than the 13amp that is fitted) as apart from being 3pin where i only need 2pin however (not 100% on this bit btw) should make these a Polarized conector (meaning it can only fit one way round) also earth will be fitted on the supply side but not used on the small output plugs

13. tina lucinda lane