Tumble Dryer - Drum not rotating

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by goodtyneguy, Jul 2, 2007.

1. goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy Member

I see you're point but I'd rather fix an old appliance if it's ecomically viable to do so. What's more it gives me a window of opportunity to wait for a good deal coming a long.

"This is an opportunity for you to take control again"

I've seen friends, friends of friends and neighbours etc. have all sorts of white goods break down on them when they have been relatively new. Most of them outside the guarantee period otherwise you tend not to hear so much about them. Some of these being high end makes and models. I may be wrong but I think many appliances are not built to last as a long as the older models.

2. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

Sorry matey but you will end up in the same vicious circle - its time to move on and put your hand in your pocket, you are not going to achieve anything throwing good money after bad. And if tenants are involved you are going to get well screwed.

3. goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy Member

"you are not going to achieve anything throwing good money after bad"

Come on....who's throwing good money after bad, the dryer's working perfectly and for £7.98 it'll probably go on for years.

You don't throw your car away if the fan belt snaps......do you? :)

4. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

end of ..........some people just cannot take good advice ;)

5. goodtyneguy

goodtyneguy Member

Horses for courses matey.....just make sure you're backing the right ones!;-)

All the best.

6. There should be a spring loaded arm with a free wheel
    on the end , this sits against the belt to maintain
    the tension, belt has to be fed on in front of this.

Nige Forget the dryer get the brekie on !

7. donna123

donna123 New Member

he;;o can any one give advice my dryer drum is not moving and i can not turn the drum by hand either i have looked and the belt looks like its on?

8. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Two possibles bearing failure or motor seized, if you can remove the belt and see if you can turn the drum, if you can then it will point to the motor.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

"i can not turn the drum by hand"

Try harder.(and start a new thread with a new question ;))

Mr. HandyAndy - Really