Tv aerial advice ...

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Tiny01, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

I'm after advice so that I can fit my daughter a new TV aerial she has a small LCD TV in her room with one of those silly plastic type indoor aerials that sits on top of the tv & plugs directly into the back of the TV but doesn't really receive much of a signal & now she's on my case to sort Her tv out !

Guess that I have 2 options ...

1. Fit another indoor areial albeit a full size type one in the loft drop cable down through ceiling straight into TV

2. Fit an outdoor atrial on the chimney stack above her room ( flat roof dormer type house so not to bad acces etc .. ) then run the antenna cable from out to in & back to TV

Any suggestions on the best type of areial to use & wether it'll be best situated inside or outside , we live in SE Essex & the signal strength is not the best

Thanks for reading & any forthcoming advice .

2. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Best advice a now TV box. That is if you have wifi less hassle

3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Now TV box are only a tenner! You will probably pay that with materials etc. plus pain the hassle of running cable.

Obviously if you don't have wifi. This is useless anyway just a suggestion

4. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Yes have wi fi - never heard of Now TV box will search now :)

5. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

They are basically boxes that link wireless to your router. Have used one for awhile and they are great!

You get all the standard channels but can pay for more if needed.

Now TV box! Tenner and sometimes come with free sky pass for a few months.

6. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

now tv box sounds great, but unless i am mistaken, they dont have the terrestrial channels on them - or do they?

7. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Researched them & I'm not to sure , seem to get mixed reviews & I'm certainly not keen on registering my credit card details on line to set up an account to get started witch it seems that you have to do