TV aerial signal help

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Turtletom100, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Turtletom100

Turtletom100 Member

Hi all,

I'm a novice on fitting tv aerials only ever fitted on previously and that was a full sized aerial in a loft.

I am currently trying to use a indoor aerial but have had no luck with finding any signal, I have sent back the aerial and had a replacement and the exact same again.

I live in Chelmsford Essex and there always used to be a booster station in Writtle but I can't seem to find any channels with the indoor aerial whatsoever.

I have looked on of com and apparently I should be connecting to crystal palace aerial (which this indoor aerial isn't going to do)

I am wondering if this is accurate and even though I am miles away from crystal palace that is where the aerial needs to connect to or whether there is in fact a booster station over Writtle.

Or could it be that the booster station was for the analogue signal and now since the digital switchover this has become useless (if it is still there)

If any one can shed some sort of light on this it would be appreciated

Cheers

Tom

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

If you can get access to a 'proper' aerial, tune it in with that, then fiddle with your indoor one. If you don't have a 'proper' aerial, nip round next door and plug into theirs(with permission of course).

Much easier trying to find a picture, than trying to find an initial signal.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really