Typical Tory blame culture

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Or common sense.

o-NHS-570.jpg

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yes, so 2 out of 3 are when they are sober - isn't that worse ?

Have a drink girls. Statistics say that you are less likely to be raped.

Statistics. I hate them.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

where have all the kippers gone ?

4. Phil the Paver

I think this is more a Labour reaction policy than Ukip, no foreigners here.

5. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

my comment had no relation to your post - just wondered where they've all vanished to :p

Phil the Paver likes this.
  6. Phil the Paver

You fool. :p:p

Sean_ork likes this.
  7. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

8. I know, I know, I know it's not PC, but I can't help having a gut feeling that I'd have slightly less sympathy for a 'lady' who 'tarts herself up', wears the miniest of skirts, gets pi**ed out of her mind with her mates, shouts bawdy comments at passing males, behaves like a 'slapper' and, well, y'know...

Compared with a walking home from work, minding her own business, woman.

I know, I know I know - you don't have to tell me. Rape is abhorrent and unforgivable. But, y'know what I'm saying...

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

A lad I used to work with many years ago was charged, and found guilty of rape. He always claimed it was consensual. After about 9 months in prison, the girl he'd supposedly "raped" claimed she'd been raped again. When the police investigated, it turns out she'd already been "raped" twice before (the first "rape" wasn't brought up at my friend's trial, apparently might have prejudiced the chance of a successful prosecution ) Anyway, after a lengthy investigation, she was eventually charged with wasting police time. My friend's conviction was overturned as an "Unsafe Conviction" and was struck from his records..... However,, this event had it's effects on his life. When he came out of prison, he couldn't get a job. He had to explain to prospective employers his time in jail. Ruined his life for many years,,, and guess how much "compensation" he got,,,,,,,,, Absolutely sweet FA (unless you reckon the dole payments compensated him)

10. Tsk, women, eh?

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yep, the one I mention in my last post got a couple of years, whereas my mate would have done ten years, had she not been found out. ;);)

12. You do, of course, appreciate that your mate's situation is not usual...?

13. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

in much the same manner, as me and my very well sun tanned mate experienced a while back, not every dark skinned person on the tube with a rucksack is carrying a bomb

14. Phil the Paver

You say that DA, but it's not as uncommon as one might think, this comment isn't in anyway blaming all victims of rape, which is possible one of the worst things can can be imposed upon a human being, but there are lots of women/men who after the event realise they've done something they shouldn't have and then cry rape, unfortunately those that do this make it harder for the real victims to come forwards for fear of not being believed.

15. How uncommon is it?

Facts, figures, evidence.

16. Here's a comment to stir peeps (well, it's had over 3,000 replies on the Guardian website); "Date rape is bad. Stranger rape at knifepoint is worse. If you think that's an endorsement of date rape, go away and learn how to think."