Underfloor heating

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Aaronrst, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

Hi can anybody recommend a good plumbed in underfloor heating make ideally only really wanting to buy the pipe for now as we are miles away from having the house done but would like to get the floors down.

Thanks for any help Aaron

2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

For wet underfloor heating I would personally use Polyplumb pipe. I have used it various times before for UFH.

The pipe is of PB construction so is suitable for being buried in concrete.
    It is also fairly easy to work with and works well when stapling down into solid insulation. Remember to follow room plans first, for example you do not want pipes running under your kitchen cupboards or fridge.

As long as the pipe is brought somewhere suitable for termination and installation of the manifold and pump, you can leave it for years. Remember to cap (tape over) the ends of the pipe to prevent debris getting in and potentially blocking the pipe.

I think it is a regulation(not sure on this), but i would follow it for good practice anyway, but you should not have any joints in the system. If you do (kinked pipe during install) you will need to pressure test the pipework before any concrete is poured and then leave an access lid with a box that is not filed with concrete to allow for fitting checking. If laid properly and planned you should not have this issue anyway.

3. I would also get the size of manifold you require,mount this, and then you are assured the pipework is neat and in correct order.

Joe95 likes this.
  4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Agree with Deleted member 11267. Also label Pipework if there is more than one loop returning to the point of the manifold. Will make it easier on install.

5. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

Thanks for your help will take all that on board and will look into the polyplumb pipe thanks again

Joe95 likes this.