Union regulations or bye-laws ?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by murrmac, Oct 21, 2014.

1. murrmac

murrmac Member

Is it written into the conditions of being a member of the Electricians' Union that you must on no account remove your rubbish from the site when the job is completed, or is it a bye-law?

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I'd ask your union rep if I were you. :p:p:p:p:p

3. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

4. RedTapeDoc

RedTapeDoc New Member

That sounds like a union job creation scheme

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

no that's a condition of membership to encourage employment of site labourers and in my opinion should be carried out the the letter( and the envelope), the management apply rules saying, If the tradesmen do not put their ( they don't own the rubbish so how is it ours? ) rubbish in the skip they will be countercharged £70 for the removal by others, which is a complete scam cos the agency lads what will move the rubbish are on £6.18 and it takes 15 mins to move,
    its another example of middle management,blood sucking leeches robbing the tradesmen to save on labour costs and even to clawback money paid to well deserved tradesmen who build houses that the nation needs, we don't need desk jockeys who never move off their backside,:mad:

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Is this the same rubbish that's says, if you buy say a washing machine from Currys, you can take the packaging back to then for disposal or insist they remove it at source.., this is a prime example of Europe coming up with stupid laws that are there for no other reason than to justify them idiots having a job.

7. Yeah, well bludy stooopid that one.

I wanna keep my cardboard box.

8. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Money money money, useless fat idle pc infested tie wearing over paid wonking pen pushing waste of space basturd government or council toss pots. Solely employed to make every working persons life a misery. And may I add to that how good they are at it. :)

9. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

I thought the Reg was not just about avoiding taking rubbish away from site. I thought it covered not sweeping up as well.

You should read the Regs more thoroughly, Murmac.

10. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

It's usually cheaper for someone else to clear up than sparks and plumbers :p

11. joinerjohn1

Crikey, I'm glad the police didn't stop me on my way home today. My lunch box had two empty crisp packets and the foil wrapping off me sandwiches in it. Could have been fined £££thousands. :p:p:p:p

12. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Especially if you didn't mark the foil for recycling...

13. joinerjohn1

Quite right, I should have weighed that in at the local scrappy. :p:p:p

14. stateit

stateit Screwfix Select

It's now free to register to carry your own-generated sparky waste (has been for about a year I think). And the licence is once-and-for-all IIRC.

Means you can take your cable waste down the scrappy using your van as opposed to your car, and you don't suffer panic attacks when driving past VOSA & Police vehicle checks in lay-bys.

15. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

Unfortunately, I still suffer the panic attacks, when driving a van past VOSA & Police vehicle checks.
    Most likely because I don't own a van.