Unsafe electrical installation

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dale76uk, Feb 26, 2010.

1. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

Hi guys

I have been to a rented property yesterday to investigate a fault with sockets fusing the lighting circuit, whilst rectifing the fault I put my hand between a joist and the wall to feel for the new cable I'd installed when, I got a shock!!! After I switched off the consumer unit I found a 6mm t+e cable hidden with exposed conductors!!!!!! Obviously I made it safe, question is, do I need to report this, and to whom. I'm nic registered and don't think there the right people to talk to.

2. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

I'm nic registered and don't think there the right people to talk to.

Guessing your new to this game

The NIC will listen but have no legal oomph to rectify this.

There a club like any other.

3. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

Dale i think you are as thick as * from what i have read on your posts and your dim witted answers. For example the wylex cu you installed with the neutrals the wrong way round how could you not notice that ! personally i think you made it up because you have no friends to speak to. And now you tell us you have had a shock which i do believe because only a thicko would put his hand in something they cant see. I just feel sorry for your customers.

[Edited by: admin]

4. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

Just like a PFC test then? ;)

5. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

Rodney there is nothing wrong with asking for help if you are unsure how to do something.
    I have worked as a mate for the past three years but had the misfortune to be laid off due to there not being any work however i am now training to get my quals i consider myself very good at the practical side of things and wish to learn how to test also i dont claim to know it all as i would prob learn something new each day i bought that fluke the other day and yes i couldnt do a pfc test but you will have noticed i was right in what i asked and now i can do all the tests fast learner you see.

6. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

so no not like my pfc test question at all.

7. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

A bit like the question I asked at the start. I wanted some advice and you had to put your 10 pence In by making derogatory comments. Sorry will suffice.

8. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

Like you said you wanted advice and that is what i gave its only my opinion dont take it to heart pal sorry.
    dale you ever thought about becoming an hairdresser i think that kind of role would suit you just a bit of advice i thjought you could do with.

9. dale76uk

dale76uk Member

Where are you based?

10. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

11. pearcy

pearcy New Member

dont bother repoting it no ones interested , you will probably come accross it regular in this game,,,by the way are you and learner married

12. bundyrocca

bundyrocca New Member

*** get a room.

13. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

cable hidden with exposed conductors!!!!!!

I think you overdo the exclamation marks, dear!

If you feel the need to report a certain danger, then you simply need to report it to the customer.

Lucia.

14. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

He is a drama queen

15. freddy eddy

freddy eddy New Member

why on earth do admin let these idiots post all this rubbish on here look at all the rubbish in this thread will you

16. Oakey dokey

Oakey dokey New Member

Dale

Report it to the customer.There is very little that can be done apart from that.You will find that the only people who are interested are the one`s who pay the invoice.If you explain to them what has happened and that is is not unreasonable that there is other joints like that, well...all the best...

17. Chuck Wanoff

Chuck Wanoff New Member

You should make it safe immediately by disconnecting from the circuit or at the consumer unit.

18. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

i still think this guy is a joker

19. Sutton Spark

Sutton Spark New Member

Learner Mate - I don't think you've got a 'scooby doo' about anything. You've signed up to this forum a few days ago and haven't made one positive comment towards anyone. It seems to me that your just a trouble maker, if you carry on being obnoxious/rude towards others i will report you myself.

People come on to these forums to share a wealth of information and ask for help/suggestions. I'd recommend you go back to college and start learning, perhaps a good one to start with would be BS7671:2008!

20. Learner mate

Learner mate New Member

Listen mr 10 post sutton spark i am entitled to my opinion just like you are to yours. Report me ha im bricking it ! Do what you want mate see if i care. You say it was a fault that he reported and should get thanks for it but it wasnt a fault someone in the factory built it wrong but they cover there arses by putting that little sticker in telling the installer to check the connections. Dale opted not to do this so in my opinion he is a cowboy and if you had read the thread properly you would have worked this out for yourself seems to me your defense of dale is due to yourself being just like him. I look forward to your reply.