UPVC lock

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by deblaax, Mar 11, 2014.

1. deblaax

deblaax New Member

Can any one please help me, i have misplaced the keys to the upvc doors i use to access my garden from the main house and unfortunately the doors are locked so i have no access to my garden. The prices the locksmith are giving me is a lot on the high side. I have tried bumping but no luck as the cylinder is anti bump. Is there any other way to open the doors and change the locks without calling a locksmith?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago for a similar thing.

Because you are inside you can remove the handle, should be two screws, then you have to snap the lock in half, this apparently is quite easy to do with a swift blow.

Then you can flick the locking mechanism to unlock the door, once unlocked you will see a screw on the edge of the door inline with the now deceased lock unscrew this and remove keeping to one side for reuse.

Fit new Euro lock in and screw into place.

deblaax likes this.
  3. deblaax

deblaax New Member

Thanks Phil,

I will try this and let you know how it goes...

4. Biffo

Biffo Member

unless its anti snap !!

5. deblaax

deblaax New Member

Hiya... you guys are great. Just to let you know i have fixed my lock. Followed you instructions and i can now access my garden. :)

6. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Anti snap barrels are designed not to snap on the outside, so should still work from the inside ;-)

B J

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Well done, good here init. :)

8. Biffo

Biffo Member

cheaper ones are .
    the cheap ones are , the better ones have shear lines both sides ;.)))