UPVC shuffle beading

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by mcooper2406, Aug 15, 2017.

1. mcooper2406

mcooper2406 Active Member

Evening,

Desperate to find some UPVC shuffle beading for fitting into old externally beaded windows, already got the replacement glass and the whole job is currently on the ropes due to 45cm of missing shuffle beading and gasket.

It seems like gold dust to find! can anyone point me in the direction of some of the old type external shuffle beading?

Any help would be hugely appreciated! trying to get a nursery ready for my son due in october!

Thanks,

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Shuffle? Got a picture?

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Been quite a few years since I've seen shuffle bead,try a few local glazing companies, they might have old windows which they have replaced around that has some.

upload_2017-8-15_20-14-9.jpeg

Having external shuffle bead was a burglar's delight,years ago there were many break in & plod couldn't figure out these houses were being robbed at first.
    Glazing firms solved the problem by gluing the bead in place, now we have internal bead,the problem has disappeared.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. mcooper2406

Yeah I realized that when it took me 10 mins to get the entire window out! terrifyingly easy!

The picture looks exactly like the beading I need. That's actually the picture that told me it was called shuffle beading.

This is the side profile [​IMG]

Will try glazing companies but if anyone knows of any it would be hugely apreciated

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well it looks like pretty normal stuff. One way, if you have any local window fitting companies, nip down a see them, they'll likely give you a bit out of their skip for nothing and it will be fine. Take the measurement(or the opposite piece of beading you have and they'd probably cut it of at the angle for you.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Have a look on Yell.com for local window firms, take that piece with you,pretty sure it was all the same profile.

Had several pieces of it in my workshop last year, been there 10 years or so, had a massive clear out last Christmas & out it went as never used.

8. mcooper2406

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll go round a few tomorrow and hopefully have some luck!

I didn't think anything was this hard to find in 2017!!