Urgently need help

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Skemjoinermurphy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Skemjoinermurphy

Skemjoinermurphy New Member

Hi
    I am currently looking to go back to college and study level 1 and 2 cskills carpentry and joinery. I understand that these quals are diplomas and not nvqs but I have no other options as I can't find an apprenticeship anywhere. I have been offered a job within a bank earning 15.000 a year but it's not what I want for the rest of my life (I'm 18 by the way) so I want to do joinery.
    Upon completing the course will I be a qualified joiner even without nvqs? I know a lot of companies won't take joiners unless they are nvq qualified but I need a company to get my nvqs so how does that work?! Basically what I'm saying is. Is the course worth doing and getting my level 1 and 2 or is it pointless without an apprenticeship? I'm from the Skelmersdale area so if anyone wants an apprentice or knows anyone who does that'd be great. Ps: my birds dad is a self employed joiner and he reckons it's worth me doing the course. Please help lads

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Definitely sounds like its worth doing. Why don't you work with your girlfriends Dad?