Uruguay vs. England Thursday 19 June 2000hrs

Discussion in 'Sport Talk' started by unphased, Jun 18, 2014.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

England must win this match. If they play like last time, they might. If they up their game they will.

COME ON ENGLAND!

2. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

The 21st June is Saturday.

3. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

That's the date they fly home..............cheers UP!..........you've jinxed us.

4. Oh you cynics... :rolleyes:

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Thursday is the 19th, it's the 8th anniversary of my father's passing, so come on England do it for my DAD.:)

6. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Realists actually......lol.........seriously though, I wish they'd do the job.

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Roy Hodgson has today announced that England will have a new captain... His name is Cpt Roger Smith, and will be piloting the British Airways plane on their way home. :p:p:p:p

8. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

we can't do any worse than Russia's goal keeper did last night!

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Lets hope we don't follow Spain, :eek::eek:

10. joinerjohn1

Yep, who'd have thought the holders would go out in the first stage ??

11. joinerjohn1

Roy Hodgson , asked if he'd consider a 4-4-2, said he preferred a 747, as there's more legroom. :p:p:p:p

12. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

JJ you have a real downer as far as England are concerned, are you Brazilian by any chance?, lol.

13. joinerjohn1

Not at all. Closest I've been to a Brazilian was with an ex girlfriend. :p:p:p:p

14. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

To much information mate, unless of course there's pictures, in which case.............:)..........unless it was you of course........:(

15. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Was gettin' ahead of meself. Title edited to correct date. :) Learned last night that Uruguay won the very first world cup in 1930.

16. They also played with a ball consisting of a monkey's skull wrapped in newspaper and leather, oh how times have changed!;)

17. joinerjohn1

I do hope the Uruguay football team are missing their caramel spread (confiscated by Brazil Customs) And it affects their performance on the pitch tonight. :p:p:p:p:p

18. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

It might actually be an incentive for the England players to play if their obscene wages were performance related also!....

19. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Yeah, Rulland, totally agree. Win or lose, they still get £100,000 a week (or whatever obscene amount they get). it should be part of the contract that they don't get paid if they lose. The odd £100,000 would soon be missed if they had the incentive to earn it!

20. :(

Must say, them Urugs know how to finish.

And we don't.