Vacuum Cleaners

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Mulberry Dave, Mar 15, 2008.

1. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Is that yours?
    I'm sorry, but that is the work of a man who irons his underpants.

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Ryluer likes this.
  2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

L@@k what I found...

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Or this...

[​IMG]

Jitender likes this.
  5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Was a bit too early.:rolleyes:

6. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

You will love this own goal Ry but I do try to be honest. We bought our third Henry Extra last year with the reduced power " EU" motor and because I am rebuilding my kitchen it had a lot of work to do.
    It is now on my rubbish pile outside waiting to go to the tip as it is useless. It has been replaced by a £60 Titan from Screwfix which is big as a Dalek but it does work. My only criticism is that the hose is a bit on the narrow size. I would get a Dyson but as our house is a building site it might last 5 minutes. We need something that will pick up border collie hairs and lumps of plaster etc.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Modern Henries aren't a patch on the older model.

Loving my Makita vacuum.:)

8. PaulBlackpool

Is it a current model KIAB? . Can you let me know the model number or point me to something similar?

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

The titans are good, very powerful but a bit too big for lugging round peoples houses.
    I've got the one with power tool take off which works a treat although rarely used.
    It mainly stays at home for hoovering the decking and grass. ;)

10. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

You'd be amazed how often that results in a visit to A&E.

KIAB, chippie244 and longboat like this.
  11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Swap the hose for the henry one, they fit.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Makita VC2012L, wasn't cheap, but it has 3 warrenty,(register online) & it's Class L - Removes 99.0% of dust with limit value for occupational exposure >1.0mg/m3.

I got it because I have a lot of walls to sand down, tried using my other vacuum with Makita sander, it was like a sandstorm in the hall, with the Makita vacuum dust free.:)
    They included an adapator which fit all my tools, except one Makita sander, it's outlet is a oddball size, so had to get a 32mm to 25mm adapator.

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/makita-vc2012l-vacuum-cleaner-1000w-20ltr-class-l-replaces-vc2010l

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  13. PaulBlackpool

Thanks for the info.

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I will add some more info in the morning when more awake.

15. fire

fire Well-Known Member

I am having this same issue only mine is a
    Einhell TH-VC 1820/1 S 1250W Wet/ Dry Vacuum Cleaner

Now this was NOT £9.99 and is rather built well but seems to attract dust.. Oh wait that is not right, i mean block up the filter with dust slowing the sucking performance.

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Can only be a filter, has foam filter for wet vacuuming, but I can't see any cartridge filter for it.

17. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I bought one of those,absolute garbage,it's in the shed waiting for the next tip run,we recently bought a Vax upright after our Karcher retired,it was only 64 quid and it's brilliant.I'd hoovered up with the Karcher and the carpet looked clean,however when I ran over it with the Vax the amount of crud that came out was unreal.It has a dust filter which I have to empty fairly regularly,but with a big GSD in the house and hairs everywhere I don't mind doing the filter once a week.

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Same here.
    I hoovered the hallway with the Makita,just as an experiment, shocked at the crud it collected, it just proves how carp the other cleaner is.:oops:

philthespark likes this.
  19. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I agree,mind you someone earlier mentioned Goblin,now they are always a disappointment,I bought a Goblin teasmade once,I laid in bed all day and all I ended up with was several cups of tea and a frustrated feeling.lol

20. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Mrs S has a Dyson, on the rare occasions I use it I noticed it's very heavy and the extension hose has a strange big plastic bit on the end that makes it difficult to clean into corners. Considering that James Dyson is a very clever chap to apply the vortex principle to cleaners, I would have thought he'd have made his designs more user friendly.