Vaillant Boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by dave93, Jun 15, 2005.

1. dave93

dave93 New Member

I have just moved into a house fitted with a Vaillant combi-boiler.
    The boiler keeps firing up about every 5 to 10 minutes when no central heating is required and no hot taps are turned on. When I go and feel the pipes under the boiler it is the hot water supply pipe that is hot. Is there a problem or is this normal for these boilers?
    Thanks Dave

2. saint dave

saint dave New Member

Which model is it?? do you have any dripping hot taps? no it is not normal.

3. depending upon model could have a quick start/heatbank for hot water demand...

4. John@KC

John@KC New Member

Some relatives of mine have just had a Vaillant 828e fitted, and there boiler fires up at regular intervals.

Apparently this gives you instant hot water because there is always a small amount of hot water stored in the boiler.
    But I understand this facility can be switched off if it is not required, instructions how to do this are in the boiler manual.

5. thats it john... better explaination than mine, but meant same thing! Look for "aquacomfort" or "warmstart" in instuctions, most of the new vailiant combi range has this... Such as Ecomax & Ecotec

6. plummit

plummit New Member

Hi Spike,
    Is it possible, to disconnect, this function on the (and boy am I ashamed to say it) Ideal Isar.

7. run away.... ideal isar....!

can confirm, the isar has this feature, the instuctions just say "The DHW preheat operates 24 hrs a day."

Cant see any mention of turning it off in the instuctions... think next option is to call ideal!!!

8. jolly bodger

jolly bodger New Member

Hi Dave93,

I've just fitted a Vaillant ecoMAX 835 which has the "warmstart" feature. Just in case you've got an 800 series and the instructions weren't left behind...

"The warmstart system is activated by turning the hot water temperature control knob fully clockwise. Now select the required temperature.
    An illuminated "C" symbol appears on the boiler display.

The boiler will now provide instantaneous delivery of hot water directly when a hot water tap is turned ON.

The warmstart system is switched off by turning the HWT contol knobfully anti-clockwise. The "C" is not now illuminated. Reset the HWT control knob to the desired setting."

hope this helps!

9. dave93

dave93 New Member

Thanks to all for your help I couldn't find the model number until yesterday. It is in fact a Turbo Max Plus 828E.
    Thanks again
    Dave

10. then follow jolly bodgers instructions... do you have the little egg timer symbol, that indicates warmstart is on!

11. Sorry "C" symbol... it must be friday... lost the plot!

12. Scousemouse

Scousemouse New Member

Re that Isar,
    "The DHW preheat operates 24 hrs a day."

And that can be a problem. On gas-news a guy had to take one out having fitted it, because it woke its owners up lighting through the night