Vaillant eco TecPlus 824

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by KIAB, Sep 19, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got a Vaillant eco TecPlus 824,& have misplaced my manuals for the boiler & I can't remember either.
    what the best way to bleed system, go to each radiator or use the P0 Bleeding Test Program,which you have to loosen cap on automatic air vent, but this test also bleeds HW system.

2. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

KIAB.....cannot....find.....instructions....this.....does....not.......compute.....

I blame Brexit.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I have a installation manual & it's useless, I use to have a much more detail manual, not available to ordinary peeps;), & I can't find it.

And I will need to drain system again, as I cocked up & put trv on wrong end, & SWMBO wants it other end.:oops::(
    Installed 6 new radiators & rearanged pipework in week, but I struggled doing the work, what with my shoulder issues.:(
    Filled the system & I then left it, it's getting colder, so I now need to sort it out & get it working.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  4. Hi KIAB.

As I understand it, the auto bleed vent inside the boiler will shift any air within the pipework that ends up going through the boiler, but it won't - can't - touch what's sitting at the top of each rad.

So, yes, bleed each rad first - with the boiler off - and re-pressurise as required, and then run the purge prog if needed (but on my GlowWorm it's fully automatic and vents off whenever needed. A bit like myself.)

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

That's what I thought, but on P0 purge test you need to loosen cap on air vent, which to me defeats having a auto air vent.

6. Are you sure it doesn't say summat like "Ensure vent cap is loose..."?

Ie - that cap should actually be 'loose' all of the time.

7. What's happenin', KIAB?

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had a day of it,really pi**** off, two differential thermometer have died, dropped one & it wouldn't work after that & other one was dead,even changed batteries & nothing.

Then Drayton TRV4's have got the better of me, got one in hall, even set on * radiator is still warm, got a presetting key & I can't get the trv to work correctly so going to buy some other trv's & replace the Draytons as a temporary solution, until summer next year.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. :eek:Blimey!

Sorry I asked :D

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Having a lazy day,doing a few other jobs, just order a new differential thermometer & we will give it another try next week.:)