Vaillant EcoTec Plus 832 Constantly Firing Up / Burner issues.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Marcus Dare, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Marcus Dare

Marcus Dare Member

Hi,

We had a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 832 + Rads + Filters + Plumbcentre Thermostat all installed recently.

It's all mostly working fine. However, we have two issues:

First Issue: The boiler keep firing up 20+ times per day.

We have this PlumbCentre thermostat:

https://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/produ...MI9aThxaiV1gIVwbvtCh2cRQJ-EAQYASABEgJByPD_BwE

We have set the thermostat for the heating to come on twice per day at 6am and 6pm if the heat is below 21. There is also a manual over ride that can turn heating on at any time of the day which we set low to 15 so that is Doesn't come on.

However, every time it hits 6am or 6pm, the manual temp of 15 changes to 21 and stays at 21. Which means that if left unchecked, the boiler constantly tries to keep the house at 21 all day and will literally come on every hours, 24+ times per day.

Does anyone know a lot about this PC Thermosat, what am i doing wrong? should i get it changed?

Second Issue: The burner never goes into high gear, always stays super low and rads take 1 hour to get hot.

I have read that these boilers are meant to go into max burn in order to get the rads / hours hot quickly and then nock it down to low burn in order to maintain desired temp.

Our boiler just doesn't do this and so it takes well over 1 hour to raise the house temp by only 2-3 degrees.

Our plumber is coming around to have a look in a few days, but i thought i would get a second opinion / ideas on here.

Cheers

2. Marcus Dare

Marcus Dare Member

Think i might have answered part of my own question:

My programmer is not turning my heating off and my heating comes on in the middle of the night or day when I don’t want it to’.

If your heating operates at times when you believe it shouldn’t, check that the temperature you have set against the time periods where you don’t require heating is low enough to provide frost protection (5°C)* but not high enough to instruct the boiler to operate in normal temperatures.

Below is an example of how to set the programmable thermostat if you want to the heating to be OFF at periods 2 and 4.

Period Time Temperature Comment

1 7:00 am 21oC ON time and temperature - Start of the day
    2 8:00 am 5oC OFF time and temperature - Usually set for when the person leaves for work
    3 6:00 pm 21oC ON time and temperature - Usually set for when the first person arrives home
    4 10:00 pm 5oC OFF time and temperature - Night time; no normal heating required;
    property is protected against low temperatures