Value range Products- Why so Terrible packaging for them?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by wau5, Feb 14, 2017.

1. wau5

wau5 Active Member

I rarely ever shop at tesco/asda since there's Lidl/Aldi
    One thing that gets me while shopping the rare time at the other non-german stores is the terrible packaging they put on their value range products, it's just so unappealing and you feel like a homeless man if you load that stuff in your cart, Do they do it on purpose so people are discouraged to buy that stuff?
    There's obviously nothing wrong with the value line stuff, and the stuff is just as good as others ( often much better because it's simpler and not loaded up with extra chemical rubbish).
    When I go in to Lidl/Aldi everything got a nice packaging-even the cheapest stuff.

2. You lucky lucky barsteward.

You LUCKY BAR STEEEEWWWWWWWAAARRRDDD!!!!

That's all you have to worry about?

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

So you're complaining about packaging on cheap products. Not the quality of the products themselves but the packaging.

I think cheap products should come with the absolute minimal packaging, ideally none.

Get a life?

Astramax likes this.
  4. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

And if you shop at Tesco you can always play that US game show:

upload_2017-2-14_11-0-16.png

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Or not as the case may be.

7. Phil the Paver

I think tesco pack their value range in the bright blue-white stripes on purpose, to shame you into buying more expensive stuff.
    Can't be seen with it in your trolley. :):)

8. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I still can't understand how supermarkets can sell glass jars of coffee cheaper than the pouches of coffee that claim 90% less packaging.
    How, what, why.
    It infuriates me.
    I DONT WANT THE JAR, I HAVE A JAR.
    It hardly promotes ECO shopping.

Manufacturers need to stand up and take responsibility.
    We are an over packaged nation

Joe95 and Dr Bodgit like this.
  9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There is a lot of potential to take container back to a store for refill - soap powder, ketchup, cola, milk etc. There was an initiative a few years ago to sell milk in plastic bags and there was a special pouring jug that they fitted in. The supermarkets and producers never really supported it

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

My mum is the only person I know who used the bag/jug, I think she still does.

The horrendous amount of packaging really annoys me, I really don't give a stuff what the packaging is like, I just want what's inside.

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Five of us in the house, some weeks I have 10 bags of recycling, plus glass and a bin for food waste. Normally have just one "black" bag although we could probably reduce this.

12. Phil the Paver

It's because glass is infinitely recyclable.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

14. Phil the Paver

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

My son had a major bust up in Tesco last night, he was in one of the Tesco Giant stores and asked a person wearing a blue suit, carrying a box, "if they worked there" they responded "do you think, I would be wearing this crappy suit and carrying a box in this dump if I wasn't ?" After some discussion with the manager it turned out it was his deputy ......