Van broke into. .

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sparky Si-Fi, Apr 28, 2016.

1. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Thanks Bazz

I suspect there long gone mate, the real annoying thing is that dirty pikey drugey git has invaded my space and its an intrusion shag. .

As usual nothing gets done, if I would have said i have caught them and have stabbed one of them, you can bet there would be an army at the scene in minutes. .

Pay your taxes and we will do the minimum in return. .kin country!

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I'm surprised you can't get inner security doors for van, like you see on police & prison vans.

In Australia there a firm who does custom security grilles, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sparky Si-Fi

That's a great idea, biggest problem is that our society is so blinkered no one wants to get involved anymore for the fear of repercussions should they ask what people are doing regarding forcing entry on a van. .

So sad this world now. .

longboat and KIAB like this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Compared to the USA, or Australia, van security is total s*** here, I have mates in both countries & they find our van security a joke.
    Not saying they won't get their tools stolen from their vans, but when they have lockable drawers like below, your making the thief's job a lot harder, plus the yank would probably shoot you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sparky Si-Fi

. . the shoot bit I like to protect your own belongings. .

6. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I've been done umpteen times it sickens me, also scum don't care if they caught, caught 2 in my van once chased them with a golf club, came back next night cut my handbrake rolled van up road crow bared doors open and took totally useless stuff as van was empty

7. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Yes it stinks doesn''t it.

Kind regards

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Hardly surprising when the repercussions will likely be your face being smashed in, stamped on and possibly worse, while the perpetrators (if caught) may only have a few months added to their sentence for gbh.
    That's if the judge actually gives them a proper custodial sentence, of which only half will likely be served behind bars.
    It is indeed a very sad world.

9. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I've just realised. With your do-gooder beliefs you must feel sorry for thieves who have to make a living stealing other peoples property. And tradesmen with their livelihoods in the backs of their vans you're probably thinking like..." well guvnor if you didn't have all those fancy tools you wouldn't be robbed, coz like its chust asking for it... innit?".

10. Yeah, that's exactly wot I wuz thinking, Wry...

Man, you are a complete frooby :rolleyes:

11. fire

fire Well-Known Member

I learnt something very valid from my old man. He had his van broken into and robbed 3 times in 5 years, what i learnt was DONT leave your tools in the van, yes it is annoying that the job still continues when you get home having to cart in the tools but seriously that is the world we are living in now.

12. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Talking of van security. Fiat want £260 for a key. Now that is legalised robbery.

13. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

So what locks are good then. We need to get some security on ours. The old van was ex British Gas and had those round locks next to the door handle which lock automatically if you shut the door. What we do need to do though is get a bulkhead in it pronto.

14. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Plate steel doors inset on the frame with lever lock keys is the only system that can seriously impede thieves. Similar to a safe. But with flimsy levers and handles on the outside. So any force bends them.

Some building contractors modify site containers to that method. And it works.

15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Or just buy a securior van. LoL.

16. fire

fire Well-Known Member

17. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Pikeys annoy me,they have no problem robbing off anyone else but guard their stuff like crazy,one scumbag nicked a lightbar off my car and you see him driving around with it on his van,the police don't care,still maybe a few months down the line he'll return to his van one morning to find it burned out,dodgy wiring and all that.lol

KIAB likes this.
  18. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

sorry to hear of your news Si. Chin up pal, lets hope those toe rags come a cropper soon.

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

My local SF counter had trouble a few weeks back, kids were nicking items, police didn't step in as under 10.

20. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Drop the age limit, they know what there doing is wrong.

And bring back the birch.:eek: