Van sign writing

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Tomster, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Tomster

Tomster New Member

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much it costs to have a van sign written, nothing fancy just the basics. Have got a vivaro.

2. sysparks

sysparks New Member

A fortune...

Unless, you get it off ebay, you send em your design, they make it into sort of stickers, then you apply it (easy peasy). Total cost £60. Looks the same as the pro`s too

3. bathroom boy

bathroom boy New Member

Can be a pig to put on though, had mine done last year by a local chap, he gave me all the kit for £60 tried to put it on and a slight breeze made things really difficult one slip and it's fecked. Took it back to him and he did the whole job for £120 not bad

4. sysparks

sysparks New Member

Thats a good price, i was quoted about 400 to have it done, so i got the diy kit. You use a slip solution (soap and water), then you can peel it off and move it around, it really is dead easy.

5. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

My Vivaro cost £175 + VAT to sign write but that was for quite a complicated logo on the two sides, rear and bonnet plus writing too, so a simple design should be significantly less.

Don't try it yourself as it's wasy to fek up and as you can see from the above it's hardly a fortune for something that's going to last years.

6. jamieblatant

jamieblatant New Member

there is a really good place in nottinghm called blueprint 150 for all sides lots of text or a whole van wrap for 200

7. M107

M107 New Member

8. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I imagine that he's changed his van after 10 years. Good try though....

9. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Mine was £365.00 all in about 4 yrs ago

dont be tight on doing it yerself, let the boys do it for ya or else it will look like The Generation game has had a go at it

Good game!

10. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Go for premium vinyl too. Most sign makers give you the option. Cheap stuff peels and flakes quickly. £350-£400 is about right for a one off.

11. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

A guy came to do mine at the job I was on even followed me to next job £280 cracking job as well

12. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Done mine myself. £55 off ebay. Watch youtube on how to do put on. Took my time as did it over a weekend. Will do next one myself to. Back. Sides. Doors
    Bonnet. In 2 colours and logo.

13. BigD79

BigD79 New Member

Go to the signbuiler.co.uk it's great mate, and cheap.