VELUX TILING PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by AntonB, Oct 28, 2014.

1. AntonB

AntonB New Member

IMG_1442[1].JPG I have just had four Velux windows installed by a builder and as you can see from the pictures have a problem with the tiles which at best may cause leaking at at worst could cause the tiles to lift by strong wind which we get here. They also look really ugly!!!

Does anybody have any idea aow to fix this problem? Your thoughts would be greatly apprciated

thanks for you help

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It's a common problem with that type of tile, my own house is the same, though I must say the tiles have never moved in the wind.

You could dress some leadwork over them and in to the window gutters if it bothers you that much.

3. AntonB

AntonB New Member

Thank you for your input Phil

Rgds

Anton

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I don't think they could have been installed any neater. On a velux sun tunnel I recently installed there was some foam strip running down both edges, this was cut to shape to prevent insects and the like getting in. I can see it along the top edge.

I also don't get what's happening near the window, is there some balcony?

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Could be some sort of emergency fire escape route Jit. (not uncommon on houses these days)