Velux window installation

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Darren Gregory, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

i recently starting first fixing for a loft conversion company, the bulk of our work is in mid terrace victorian properties.

I was wondering what the best approach is regarding a velux install? as the rafters are always sagging due to the weight throwing the whole roof out.
    I've seen a few other chippys fitting these and not using a level, just going by the existing batons/rafters and keeping the reveals uniform.

Doesn't seem particularly good to me, I'd be inclined to fit them level and plumb even if it makes the reveals slightly out. Any tip top tips on this? :)

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Pray tell,, How do you get these level and plumb on a sloping roof? ;););)

3. Ha..yes. Plumb was the wrong choice of word i must admit….. the questions pretty simple though.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

:p:p:p I'd have thought they'd look better with the reveals being even, IMHO, Like tiling, all you can do is follow the line of the roof really. ;);)

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I'd agree with Joiner, your eyes are by far the best level out there, if it looks right it is right, as long as there isn't any obvious reason as to not doing it that way.

6. Thanks for the feedback chaps ;)