Venting a Bathroom Fan through the roof

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by MovingHouse, Jan 3, 2008.

1. MovingHouse

MovingHouse New Member

I've just fitted a fan Xpelair CF20T that I have to vent through the roof. I cannot find any websites explaining how to do this. I understand that I cut through the roof felt and tiles but how do you seal a cowl to the roof so it doesn't leak? Any help appreciated.

2. _

_ Member

You will need to use some flashing around the base of the cowl.

3. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

use a lead slate

4. Trog

Trog New Member

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

6. Roofer

Roofer New Member

7. nigel

nigel Guest

Can you not vent thru the eaves, avoids cutting a hole in the roof?

8. MovingHouse

MovingHouse New Member

Thanks for the responses. I need to get up on the roof and measure the tiles to select one of the tile vent products, it seems a good solution.

I cannot vent through the eaves as I have concrete gutters round the house and would have to put in a ducting of 4-5 metres to reach the eaves.

Nick

9. Joatmojo

Joatmojo New Member

Again this is where Lapvent comes into its own - www.lapvent.co.uk - I have fitted loads and they do what they say on the tin (you may need a couple to assist flow though!).

10. MovingHouse

MovingHouse New Member

nigel - thanks for questioning my logic, I phoned up Xpelair and the max length for ducting is 5m which allows me to reach the one place with an exit to the eaves! Saves a lot of work.