Venting integrated cookerhood

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by NCCN, Jul 2, 2017.

1. NCCN

NCCN Member

Hi

I have an intergrated cookerhood by AEG (HL 7275)
    It is housed in a box built out of the wall (see pic)

Currently, it isnt vented properly, as there is no hose attached from the top of the cookerhood to the vent through the wall.(see pics). I gave a few questions on how to sort this out.

1)Is 100mm plastic flexible ducting ok to use?
    2)How do I attach the ducting to the top of the hood? The instructions say that it comes with a coupling for this purpose, but whoever fitted it originally appears to not have bothered to do it properly. I've also had a look on the AEG website, but they don't stock spare parts for this model anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Attached Files:

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It has a 150mm outlet, normally you don't reduce down to 100mm ducting as it can affect performance & make the hood noiser, & looking at manual it came with a multiconnector 150mm,125mm,120mm.

3. NCCN

NCCN Member

I know it would be better to not reduce the size, but the hole in the wall is only 100mm and I don't have the tools to make it bigger. Do you know where I could get a multiconnector that would fit the cooker hood opening?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

5. NCCN

NCCN Member

Thanks, but what do I use to attach this to the opening on the cooker hood? As you can see in the 3rd picture, the opening is rectangular.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

7. NCCN

NCCN Member

Thanks, I thought I might have been missing a part!! I had a look on the aeg website, but they no longer stock spare parts for that cooker hood. Where could I get this part, and what is it called?

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  9. NCCN

NCCN Member

Thanks for all your help! I think I will call/email the AEG product service, and see what they say before buying a new cooker hood