Very bad leak in system.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 4, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a fetish with BREXIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Admit it!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Already read this in the paper and on the BBC app Dev, quite interesting to hear about the migration proposition and effect of a hard brexit.

Anyone else hear Boris bashing on about how we should not pay loads to gain access to the single market :rolleyes:. Would he not have considered this before shouting about leaving the EU?o_O

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

So what's your take on this, DA?
    Do you agree that matters of governmental strategy regarding 'brexit' negotiations should 'rightly' be leaked into the twisted tallons of the media?
    Or, that such things would be better handled in a more covert fashion, thus maximising our advantage in said negotiations?

5. My view is that I wish a coherent choice of strategy or stratagies had been in place before the referendum. Its currently very much a matter of making it up as they go along, tripping over the claims made at the time as they do.

I agree the remain claim wasnt as convincing as it should have been, but they didnt need to have an alternative strategy to go to.

The biggest claims, without any doubts, were immigration controls and the eu "costs" being pumped into the nhs. Doesnt like either of those will be achieved, so what actually was voted for?

6. I just think it's bludy funny, that's all.

7. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

8. Phil the Paver

What about using Artical 61 of the Magna Carta that states parliament can't over rule the will of the people or words to that effect.

9. Phil, don't make me laugh.

Or, please stop making me laugh.

10. Phil the Paver

Why would you laugh at Professor Hawkins.

11. Phil the Paver

12. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

[​IMG]

If people do have not the common sense to use one of these then how can they have the common sense to make important Government decisions?

Phil the Paver likes this.
  13. Phil the Paver

You only use those when you DON'T want papers seen. ;);)

14. They WANTED those papers seen? Really?

15. kiaora

kiaora Guest

I'll either read the 'SUN" or listen to the BBC and see what I have to believe!

Are we being made fools of or what?

Get the real world news ? Where from? Al jezera ?

Nb. I don't read the sun, like most papers, full of personal opinions

.. I must stop making home made wine..

Joe95 likes this.
  16. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Well, the Italian PM has resigned as Italy votes No to reform the Italian Constitution.. Following Britain's lead in anti EU sentiment perhaps ? (and the Euro has dropped against the dollar and the pound) ;)

17. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

I think we live in interesting times. Whichever side of the camp you are, one thing that has changed is that all politicians suddenly have to start listening to the people again.

18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Do you really think so?

19. I am certainly not laughing at Hawkins, Phil. I am laughing (no, I'm not - I'm actually despairing) at the likes of you and you pitiful attempts to try and rescue some remaining credibility when none exists.

I have read Hawkin's article on Brexit and his concerns over the likely dire consequences for our planet.

So is the Express's take a true reflection of his words and opinions?

"STEPHEN HAWKING today blasted scheming Remoaner MPs who are trying to subvert the referendum result and keep Britain in the EU, telling them: “You’re making a terrible mistake.” No, he didn't 'blast' 'scheming remoaners'.

"The renowned physicist, who supported staying in the Brussels bloc, said politicians should not dismiss the Brexit vote by characterising leave backers as ‘thick’." Ooooh, I see how that comes across - nice one, Express. Find Hawkin's actual words in context, and compare them with the Express's take.

"And in a broadside at out of touch politicians like Lib Dem leader Tim Farron he accepted concerns over globalisation are “absolutely understandable”, even while admitting he is a member of the scorned liberal elite." Was that really a 'broadside' to the likes of Farron - or is the Express a bit pishedoff after the Richmond win?

"In a comment piece for The Guardian he said the world was entering the “most dangerous moment in the development of humanity” due to environmental concerns and the collapsing trust in political establishments across the globe." Yes, and Hawkins attributes this 'most dangerous moments' directly to Bexit and Trump and all the populist right-wing politicians. The Express managed an actual 100% distortion on that beaut.

"Citing the Brexit vote and the election of Donald Trump, the celebrated physicist said the ever growing chasm between the rich and the poor was fuelling populist sentiment." Again, see how the Express distorts this - as tho' Brexit and Trump were somehow valid responses - whereas his text shows that he fears the result from Brexit and Trump.

The Express is trying to convince its readers (tho' no convincing is needed, is there Phil?) that Hawkins sees Brexit and Trump et al as a reasonable answer to the inequality of globalisation.

etc etc etc

Phil you have no idea in how much contempt I hold your continued deceitful posturing on this issue. The Express, eh?

Davies, IDS, Fox, Redwood, Mogg - man, you sure can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.

Yuck and double yuck.