Vipers without the PCB

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by peter palmer, May 5, 2016.

1. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Has anyone come across shock sensors that just have the mechanism inside and no electonics. Need to move some into the new extension but the builder has broke the originals so I need to replace them. All that is inside is the actual shock mechanism and the tamper switch.

All the bits (PIR/shock sensor/RKP) is marked up "Altex" but I think these are a company that fits them as opposed to the make, the RKP looks like a Galaxy panel to me, probably 15 years old or so.

I should have took some pictures really but to describe them, inside is a removable square piece that is the shock sensor, a tamper which is a small terminal block with 2 holes in it where the lid has a couple of prongs on it which fit into the holes.

The only time I have seen something like this was from years ago where the PCB for the shock sensor was loose inside the alarm panel but that was about 30 years old, these are much more modern. I've not ventured inside the panel yet to see whats in there or if they can be changed to normal ones-other thing is they are wired in 4 core as no power is needed at the sensor.

2. if it's a galaxy panel I would personally fit new vipers (from ADI or someone) and rewire as 2.2K tamper 4.7K alarm still only need 4 wires sorted and they have an led feature so you know if their working

3. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

4. alarmeng

alarmeng New Member

Hi

Sounds like you may have an analyser in your end station, that by the sounds of it is an OLD impact sensor that moves from the contacts that its resting on.

the analyser then decides if it real or a nuisance trip.

Depending how many wires go back to the panel depends on what else you could fit.

gaz

5. peter palmer

Had a closer look today, the electronics for the vipers have been shoved in the panel down the side of the battery, its a little PCB with 2 zones on it so seems simple enough to fit new ones and do away with the board in the panel.

Its a Eurosec alarm by the way.

6. Anthony Mars

Anthony Mars New Member

Hello,

Last time i had the same issue and after hours of research i found this company who helped me out very well, there engineers are good enough to solve the issue.

http://www.dtslondon.co.uk

7. peter palmer

I'll bet you did, anyway this is what was inside the alarm panel when I took the lid off.

[​IMG]

There were 4 shock sensors in the house somewhere all wired in series so I just disconnected my two from this board and fitted standard vipers. All quite simple really.