Vivaro or transit??

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Chris_the_plumb, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Chris_the_plumb

Chris_the_plumb New Member

Im looking at getting a new van but I cannot make my mind up and would like some advise from other owners. Looking around the 07 mark. sportive 115 ps or the tanny 110ps glx. any information would be great. PS im a plumber

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

3. evo nut

evo nut New Member

4. Chris_the_plumb

Nice one. They all seem more the same though. What van you pushing

5. Chris_the_plumb

st van is the ****. too much dough for me to knock around london though. Londoners cannot drive for ****. Can just about read english most of them!!!

6. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Toyota Hiace's, both very very reliable if somewhat dated.

The new VW looks nice but Fiat Scudo is the best bangs for your bucks.

Really there are no bad medium panel vans about. Just avoid anything out the ordinary like a Hyundai where spares are trickier.

7. Chris_the_plumb

I have got 51 ****** at the moment. I have had it 2.5 years and it has never cost me a penny apart from regualar service and tyres and breaks. Not bad for 70,000 miles

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Keep it for another five years!

My vans always do 10 to 12 years before I chop them in, and then I buy 2 to 3 yrs old.

One Hiace I had did 330,000 miles on the original engine! Brilliant vans...and it was still going well when I sold it!

9. evo nut

evo nut New Member

i've got a 07 reg sh!7roen

its leased by the firm i work for and i've been made redudant and its going back good.

rear door lock broken from new took 2 months to sort out, electric window broken, warpped brake discs, leaks power steering fluid, uses oil, sh!7roen garage near me has terrible service all in all a big no but it may be a one off and the service garage doesn't help

anyway i am looking to buy a van at the moment as going self employed, how much you looking for your transit?

evo nut

10. evo nut

evo nut New Member

thats a dispatch ( i should of said :) )

11. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Vivaro family are good. I have a Primastar LWB. Nice van.

12. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Evo is right - look closely at your local dealers before you buy, bad dealers = bad back up and van off the road.

13. Chris_the_plumb

Im passing the van down to my other team. Blinding van. Great investment business wise. sitting at 92000 miles now and still ticking over lovely. as long as you get something that has full service history and the body looks clean, you cannot go wrong

14. Chris_the_plumb

do you think the 2 litre cdti sprotive would be capable of towing a trailer comfortably??

15. G Brown

G Brown New Member

No problem. The only time you need anything bigger is if you tow a digger or heavy plant when you may need a 4x4 which will pull 3 tonne.

16. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Get a LWB if you can, you can always use the extra length as the actress....

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

said to the Plumber ;)

I agree always LWB.

18. Chris_the_plumb

nice one. my ****** pulls it nice. Struggles when fully loaded with rubble. Iv got the 100ps ******. Make sure you dont go for anything less. try and go for the 280 or above spec. Iv got the 260 and the back is sitting on the deck with the weight

19. titch2411172

titch2411172 New Member

i9 have a viv and its nuts ... very quick van . loadsa room in the cocKpit and rear loading excellent .. Had a ****** 90 bhp and it wa spoo . it wouldnt pull your fly down when you need the looo :)

20. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Got a Vivaro Sportive me self.

Pulls a 14' Trailer no probs is more economical that a ****** and looks 1000000% better than a ****** too!

Better kit also, climate control, 6 speaker CD system, electric everything, 6 gears blardy blardy blahh etc etc.

Get one bought! ;)