Vokera linea 28 code 3

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Cross legs, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Cross legs

Cross legs New Member

Hi can anyone help with a problem I’m having with a Vokera linea 28 combi, it’s displaying code 3 flue/fan problems, but will work ok when case is open. Heres what I’ve done so far.

New fan, new air pressure switch, cleaned venturi tubes they are now spotless, checked flue for blockages ok, checked voltage to fan ok, checked insulation and continuity of fan supply wires from pcb ok, to all intents it’s like theres a blockage in the flue but it is clear.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions where to look next?

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Stop wasting money fiddling. get a gassafe engineer who knows Vokera to look at it.

3. Cross legs

Cross legs New Member

Im speaking engineer to engineer mate. I am Gas Safe reg

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

You should have said!

I would still suspect the venturii - blast them thru with compressed air. They are the usual culprits on these.

5. chris roast

chris roast Member

check flue is not blocked with spiders etc, or ventura

6. duncan4840

duncan4840 New Member

Hi,

Di you ever get a positive fix for your problem?

I have a Linea 28 intermittently displaying code 03 and have done the following:
    Fan replaced, pressure drop switch replaced, both display and main pcb replaced, ignition box replaced and flue venturi cleaned.  (flue venturi cleaning was the first action by the way).  Problem still persists, although it often goes through a complete heating cycle with no problems.

7. Dale Honeybucket

Dale Honeybucket New Member

Double check the APS, if no joy, it's a short in the wiring harness.

8. roksan

roksan New Member

been there with these boilers in the end Vokera fixed it but i never found out what it was although the owner told me it took two visits and a few parts. i stay clear if it is not venturi tubes or aps. Nightmare boilers.
    Fitted the new compact A for a bloke the other week what a pile of rubbish that is as well.

9. Dale Honeybucket

Dale Honeybucket New Member

Have you put a monometer on the fan tubes Dunc, what readings are you getting? 

10. duncan4840

duncan4840 New Member

Yes, a local heating engineer checked the pressure drop and measured it at 4 millibar.  Vokera tech say minimum is 3 and the switch operates at 1.  Think I've got a faulty APS despite it being a new component.