VW?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Astramax, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Does the VW emissions manipulation of figures affect petrol engines also or just diesel engines?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Just diesel at the MO, but who knows what happens where vast amounts of money is involved.

there's talk of the German government knowing all about it.!!!!

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Wouldn't stop me buying VW. Best yoke on the road.
    All diesel emissions are carcinogenic from all vehicles. Its the price you pay for the modern world.

And those particulate filters on exhausts. Waste of time.

4. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Just bought a new VW weighed up diesel or petrol decided to go petrol thank goodness!
    I can see the whole range (and other makes) getting a massive car tax hike, in the next budget.

5. If they do, VW will be footing the bill...

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I do wonder though if in fact what VW have done is illegal. Just like targets in the NHS, Police, Ofstead, Driving test and Crash testing a set of criteria are set up that need to be met to pass and that is exactly what they have done.
    Who knows for example if cars that have good crash ratings for a direct frontal impact and T bone side impact in exactly the centre will protect to precisely the same degree when struck from another angle.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Switzerland has banned the sale of Volkswagen cars affected by the emissions scandal.

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

More pertinent is the fact that lots of VWs are driving around with essentially fraudulently achieved MOTs.

And Skodas, Seats etc etc

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Is the average man on the street really that bothered?
    I just want my car to pass it's MOT with the least amount of hassle and (££££s spent:)) possible.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It is fairly significant I think. If they are mackling test results like this for emissions what else are they doing?

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Not really, they still have to pass the MOT.

The figure for the MOT, is way higher than that VW were stating is the figure, so all in all no problem

What make me laugh is peeps seeking advice from lawyers, re compensation, for what exactly, owning a VW.??, this hasn't affected their life one little bit, bloody parasites.

12. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yes agree.
    It's amazing how many parasites will be uncovered by this.
    And do they really care that their emissions are being belched out unto kerbs with babies in prams breathing the stuff?
    Not one bit!

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

The people I do feel a little bit for is those that have specifically bought a VW because they believe it is a much greener vehicle.

VW have definitely misled the public in a bit of a crooked way.

I am not looking forward to the endless "have you got a VW, do you want us to start a claim for you?" phonecalls.

Its business suicide what they have done. The US are not to be messed with when it somes to trying to hoodwink them. Ask Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Lance Armstrong, Fifa, BP etc etc.