WAGNER PRO AIRLESS SPRAYER

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by HandyLadfromscotland, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Hi Fellow painters

Do you know what the mix would be with masonary paint? and thinners?

See i used leyland paint and the wagner pro 119 kept clogging ive a new job this week and wanted any good avdice?

cheers :)

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I reckon you will struggle with that sprayer, BUT something like the Wagner Spraytech W590 can apparantly spray masonry.:eek:

Using my Apollo HVLP sprayer, I need to used a larger needle/tip,otherwise it clogs up, when trying to spray masonry paint.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. anymore thoughts? The one you mention is £150 mine was £899

so should do it, i used it before but stuggled sometimes so though water it down a bit?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Most likely need a different tip & to spray the masonry.

Not sure of your actual model.

HandyLadfromscotland likes this.
  5. Thanks Kiab

After your good advice mate looked on google n ebay so going to get a new tip, thanks again to the helpers :)

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Seldom spray masonry, but would I usually dilute 1 part water to 5 parts masonry paint, but it can vary, depend on brands, some is thicker, some thinner.

7. Trial and error i guess then, going to get a new tip and maybe water down a bit, thanks again

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sadly yes, for lower viscosity finishes its a small orfice, thick viscosity a larger orfice for spraying.
    But,I don't use tips,etc,so many colours tips available, depending what your spraying & pattern width needed, I can just about remember the needles for my apollo & it's only 4.

http://www.hvlpshop.co.uk/Item/apollo_spray_setups

9. Aarron

Aarron New Member

General rule of thumb to check sprayability mix the paint with paint mixer then lift it out if it flows off of the mixer should be ok for spraying otherwise dilute by 10% (100mil per litre) mix well check again if still no good continue diluting in 100ml increments