Wall between house and garage (Best method for insulating wall)

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by tomos, Dec 2, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

lol

2. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Can't believe the amount of nonsense talked in this thread! Why not ask Celotex for each versions u-value rating, you'll find insulating only in between is inferior to dot and dab and direct mech fixing, Fact 1.

Fact 2, using rock wool type insulation is less superior than PIR type, foil faced insulation board.

Fact 3, leaving cold spots in battening out isn't recommended, but it will be a great improvement on what was there before. Its just not the optimum way of insulating a wall. For the optimum way to insulate a wall refer to fact 1.

Go Kool, yoir turn to tell us black is actually white!

3. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Spoilsport:p

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

ohhhhhhh, argumentative are you? Throwing your dummy out of the pram?

Look, i did what 'I' felt best for 'ME'. I am not one for stats, benchmarks or inside leg measurements! I go by how it 'FEELS' and any improvements.

This method has worked for 'ME' twice!!! Yes, it has!!! I have felt the benefits. B.ollocks to cold spots etc. I dont go feeling around a wall for cold spots!

MY ROOM IS MASSIVELY WARMER FOR THE METHOD I HAVE APPLIED!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    o_O;);)

Joe95 likes this.
  5. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

That's good you're happy, just worth the readers understanding what's the best standard to fit to!

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Exactly. Do what suits you. Don't worry about stats as real life matters more! Would i use the D&D method in the future? Well, i know the batten method works for 'ME'. I prefer this method. Maybe the D&D is best for others. Just do what you feel comfortable with. As long as you are happy and you get the benefits thats all that matters. I say this as i am into computing too and have been for many years. I see many people who only go by 'stats' and 'benchmarks' when in reality its what happens in 'reality' that matters most.

All the best my friend

Joe95 likes this.
  7. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Haha!

Are you a creationist too? bloody evolution is all science bunkem etc!

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Beyond me

9. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

Science, is science. Tests and data etc

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Another subject another thread my friend

11. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

My point is, you state 'bloody stats', these things have been tested and measured and somethings perform better than others. like the dot and dab or insulated plaster board mech fixed.

I know you are delighted with your improved thermal upgrade, it could be even better though that's all. no offence, just that's the way it is! peace out!

12. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, in 'stats' it may be better but i very much doubt it would be noticed in 'real life'. What i have done has made a massive difference of which i am really happy with.

8gig or 16gig ram? Which is better? On paper maybe 16gig..................In real life? No noticeable difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

100 brake horse power car versus a 300 brake horse power car etc

14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Debatable for application. My FreeNAS server has 32gig of ram, and my normal desktop computer has 16gig.
    I rarely shut down my computer it i usually hibernate it, which means i rarely clear the ram usage. Its sitting at 7gig used right now and hasn't been shut down for a month. (with 40+ tabs open across various Firefox browsers)
    FreeNAS needs the ram for deduplication and ZFS too.

My laptop and downstairs computer both have 4gig, and as they are shut down every time they are used they do not require the additional ram.

Very noticeable difference.
    Yes you could say overkill but so is the 980, makes the forum look goodo_O

15. Ah! But regardless of whether you are a creationist or a sensible, normal person, what Kools is saying is that - in the real world, sitting-in-a-room situation - it doesn't make any noticeable difference :D

Just like his insulating method and the sensible normal way ;)

(But, of course, yes it does...:rolleyes:)

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Does not....................only on paper! ;)

17. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

All together now!!............Does not!

18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Does not ;)