Wall hung toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Agnieszka Walkow, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Agnieszka Walkow

Agnieszka Walkow New Member

I'm going to install wall hung toilet and small basin in my cloakroom. The problem is waste pipe that connect the toilet is now coming out of the wall (about 20 cm from the floor to the inside of the pipe).
    Is it possible to connect a wall hung toilet without moving the waste pipe using eg. flexible connector. ..
    and question number two - if possible, can I use a flexible connector with additional inlet so i can connect waste pipe from basin.

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    The rule in plumbing is, water flows downhill, so the invert of the soil pipe, must not be above the invert of the pan, ....

It's ok to use a suitable fitting to connect the basin to the soil pipe.

Regards
    Peter

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

With a lot of the wall hung toilets, the only option is to use a flexible connector. The main criteria as Kiaora says is to make sure that the toilet outlet is higher than the pipe that goes through the wall - but you don't want to get it kinked.

They can be a real swine to fit so be prepared for some cursing ;) It is really hard to hold the toilet up, connect the pipe, then shuffle forward to get it in place.

Sometimes I have had to disconnect the waste pipe outside the house, and push it inwards into the bathroom. This will give you a little more room to connect up. As you fit the toilet the pipe will push back through the wall.

When you seal around the toilet and the wall/vanity unit leave the bottom few inches unsealed - so that if you get a leak, you will see it before it does a lot of damage