Wally's daughter posting here

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by wally, Oct 3, 2015.

1. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Hi all - my name is Linda and I am the daughter of Wally who was a member on here for some years. Many of you probably chatted to him regarding all things work related and sometimes not!! As you know, he sadly passed away last September after a short illness to Myeloma, bone marrow cancer. I have read through many of his posts and whilst they made me sad, some also made me laugh too!!
    My Mum, my husband and I are still ploughing through Dad's 'work' stuff and are reaching a bit of a loss as to what to do with some of it! I know he used to chat on here about the possibility of selling items or passing items on. We have mainly electrical stuff, but also some plumbing things as well, amongst all sorts of other items which we don't even know what they are!!
    I was wondering whether any of you may be interested in anything? If he ever mentioned any items to you, please could you let me know so we could perhaps arrange postage/collection. Some items we are happy to let go for free, but some items, such as electrical testing meters are probably worth a little bit of money, so we could always negotiate something.
    We have just got past the year anniversary of losing him and to be honest, I still can't believe he is gone. I hope you don't mind me posting here. I know he found this forum such a support before and whilst he was ill and spent alot of time chatting on here, so thank you all for being his virtual friends xxx

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Yup good bloke Wally. You might find it useful to put a list up of what you have. If you have anything really old I can put you in touch with a bloke that runs a sort of electrical museum who might be interested. He won't give you any money I'm afraid but I've sent him some old bits in the past so it prolly better that it's collected rather than junked.

3. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Nice to hear from you Linda, I had many chat's with your dad and I think several of us were surprised at how quickly he seemed to go. Hope you can place some of his equipment.

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Same here Linda, nice gesture posting on the forums, I'm sure your Father would approve, regards, Rich.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Was in the same situation a few years back with my fathers carpentry tools, some had become quite collectable pieces, after some research I sold the good ones on ebay with a sensible reserve price and all were sold to collectors from all around the world the reserve prices were exceeded in all cases so was well chuffed.

6. wally

wally Screwfix Select

Thanks guys!! We have managed to sell a bit on Ebay. It's just quite time-consuming.
    I know for a fact, we have loads of lightbulbs - hundreds in fact, all types!
    I have also recently tried to sell loads of circuit breakers on ebay, to no avail. A mixture of brands and types. I will speak to my Mum and see if we can get some kind of list together and will post details on here.
    He did have some collectable items, but they were his pride and joy, so I think we will keep those!

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

And photo's might be useful as well for some items.

8. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

if you need anything just ask. time is something we all have to spare on here. regards and God bless.

9. Gman34

Gman34 Member

Hi Linda If I am right Wally lived in Ipswich ... I used to do jobs for him when he was too busy . I may well be interested in some stuff as i had my van broken into on saturday night and allot of my stuff stolen .

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Hi Linda, the problem with second hand mcb's is that there have been quite a few service recalls so no one will buy second hand anymore. I tried to sell a load of quite pricey General Electric ones a few years back but got pennies really. More trouble than it's worth. MCB's these days are as cheap as chips anyway.

11. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Sorry 4 ur families loss linda, Wally was a good un!

seneca likes this.
  12. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Same here.

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Hope everything is OK Linda.

Will always remember Wally. Didn't post before - but now understand.

upload_2016-9-7_20-9-31.png

madhatter1uk and seneca like this.